System share accessible through netbios?

  • swissreporter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2007
      Set up my sluggy with two hdd, everything works perfectly, ftp,
      apache - wonderful.

      I would, however, like to access the system partition on HD2
      (unslung), which I can see if I open "my Network" in Win XP - but
      can't access whatever user/PW-comibnation I use.

      hints? THX!
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 00:19 +0000, swissreporter wrote:

        > I would, however, like to access the system partition on HD2
        > (unslung), which I can see if I open "my Network" in Win XP - but
        > can't access whatever user/PW-comibnation I use.

        You need a account which is in the administrator list of the slugs
        administrator list.

        The normal "admin" account should work.

        --
        marceln
      • swissreporter
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
          THX, marceln. It doesn't . I get: "Multiple Connections to a server
          or shared ressource by the same user, using more than one user name,
          are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server
          ... and try again".

          I did. still the same.

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

          > On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 00:19 +0000, swissreporter wrote:
          >
          > > I would, however, like to access the system partition on HD2
          > > (unslung), which I can see if I open "my Network" in Win XP - but
          > > can't access whatever user/PW-comibnation I use.
          >
          > You need a account which is in the administrator list of the slugs
          > administrator list.
          >
          > The normal "admin" account should work.
          >
          > --
          > marceln

        • Marcel Nijenhof
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
            On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 10:21 +0000, swissreporter wrote:
            > THX, marceln. It doesn't . I get: "Multiple Connections to a server
            > or shared ressource by the same user, using more than one user name,
            > are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server
            > ... and try again".

            This seems a error on the client side.

            > I did. still the same.

            Did you really check that all the connections are dropped (including
            the connection to the ipc service). Please check this with the
            net command.

            --
            marceln