can't fetch IPL_ixp400AccessLibrary-2_1.zip, is the OpenSlug build broken?

  • maratgothix
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2007
      Hi.

      First post to this list, but I've been a lurker and admirer for a long
      time. Finally got around to trying to build OpenSlug from the sources
      on my SuSe 10.1 box, following the directions on the
      "OpenSlug/Homepage" on the Wiki. Everything seemed to be working
      fine, until the build attempted to fetch IPL_ixp400AccessLibrary-2_1.zip.

      From the output, it looks like the build attempted to locate this file
      from several Internet sources, using a redirect.php script at one
      point from sources.nslu2-linux.org. In every instance the file was
      either missing, or I was not allowed access with a 403 response:
      Forbidden.

      I haven't started trying to peruse the makefiles, as I'm assuming that
      this particular file is necessary, as-is, to the remainder of the build.

      Can someone help me here? Is this a problem of permissions, or do I
      need to accept another license, or has the file changed, or what?

      Is it possible for me to download this file separately and drop it
      into the correct path and continue the build?

      I've gone through an explicitly accepted all the appropriate licenses
      I know of, so I'm hoping that isn't the issue.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks a bunch, you guys. Come my next check, I'll make a donation to
      the autobuilder. You guys deserve it.

      -Omar
    • mwester@dls.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2007
        I'm not sure if the text is still present in the error message, but as I recall the text around that error at one time was pretty clear about indicating that you need to fetch that file (and agree to the Intel licensing) yourself. I presume that something has been changed recently and that text is now gone.

        The file has been inquired about many times on this list, so if the details for where to fetch that file cannot be found on the wiki itself (use the search box), you will be able to find detailed info on the archives for this mailing list. In any case, it would be good if you were to update the wiki article that you followed to to the build with this information, to help out any who might follow the same articles in the future.

        Mike (mwester)

        > ... Finally got around to trying to build OpenSlug from the sources
        > on my SuSe 10.1 box, following the directions on the
        > "OpenSlug/Homepage" on the Wiki. Everything seemed to be working
        > fine, until the build attempted to fetch IPL_ixp400AccessLibrary-2_1.zip.
        >
        > From the output, it looks like the build attempted to locate this file
        > from several Internet sources, using a redirect.php script at one
        > point from sources.nslu2-linux.org. In every instance the file was
        > either missing, or I was not allowed access with a 403 response:
        > Forbidden. ...
      • maratgothix
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2007
          Thanks, Mike.

          Somehow searching the wiki just didn't occur to me. Indeed, the
          explicit instructions were found after a few moments, and more license
          agreements were executed.

          I'll followup with an addition to the wiki page.

          Many many thanks again!

          -Omar