building for NSLU2 in Mac OSX ?

  • lyndon153
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2004
      Hi everyone. I'm new to this group, so please be patient.

      I've been following Jim Buzbee's articles about the NSLU2. So far, I've used his binary
      packages to set up NFS and iTunes (mt-daapd).

      However, now I'm at a loss when I want to set up my own development area. I downloaded
      the toolchain Jim mentions, but have found out its for Intel based Linux. And I'm running
      Mac OS X on a G4. Has anyone build a gcc cross-compiler and/or toolchain for this
      platform ?

      Thanks.
    • kvnmcgough
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2004
        I have not, but had been planning: I will let you know when I get
        to "Hello World"

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lyndon153" <lvanwagn@r...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone. I'm new to this group, so please be patient.
        >
        > I've been following Jim Buzbee's articles about the NSLU2. So far,
        I've used his binary
        > packages to set up NFS and iTunes (mt-daapd).
        >
        > However, now I'm at a loss when I want to set up my own development
        area. I downloaded
        > the toolchain Jim mentions, but have found out its for Intel based
        Linux. And I'm running
        > Mac OS X on a G4. Has anyone build a gcc cross-compiler and/or
        toolchain for this
        > platform ?
        >
        > Thanks.
      • lyndon153
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "kvnmcgough" <kevin@m...> wrote:
          > I have not, but had been planning: I will let you know when I get
          > to "Hello World"
          >
          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lyndon153" <lvanwagn@r...> wrote:
          > > Hi everyone. I'm new to this group, so please be patient.
          > >
          > > I've been following Jim Buzbee's articles about the NSLU2. So far,
          > I've used his binary
          > > packages to set up NFS and iTunes (mt-daapd).
          > >
          > > However, now I'm at a loss when I want to set up my own development
          > area. I downloaded
          > > the toolchain Jim mentions, but have found out its for Intel based
          > Linux. And I'm running
          > > Mac OS X on a G4. Has anyone build a gcc cross-compiler and/or
          > toolchain for this
          > > platform ?
          > >
          > > Thanks.

          Kevin,

          Well, I've downloaded crosstool-0.28 and started building it for Mac.
          I've had to add a number of tools using commander fink : sed, libtool, autoconf.
          However, now I end up with a message stating that my LD and AS new to be newer.
          I've downloaded binutils from GNU & sourceforge, only to find out that it doesn't
          support MacOS X 10.3.5 . (I get a message from configure that says powerpc-apple-
          darwin7.5.0 isn't a known configuration.

          Do you have any idea of where to get newer ld & as or binutils from ?

          --Lyndon
        • kvnmcgough
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
            I have been waiting for my Access files from intel.... and haven't gotten to crosstool
            yet. I will let you know.

            My machine is an XPostFacto 10.2.8 G4 with Fink 0.6.3.... maybe I will get different
            mileage.