firewall stopped working in SlugOS4.2

  • pepesz76
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2007
      Hello,

      I just compiled SlugOS4.2 from HEAD. However I noticed that firewall
      (iptables) doesn't work anymore. The required modules (namely:
      kernel-module-ip-conntrack_* and kernel-module-ip-nat_* ) now appear
      under different names (kernel-module-ip-nat_*, so ip -> nf).
      Is that intentional? If so then which modules should be used now?

      --
      Best regards,
      pepesz76 mailto:pepesz76@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2007
        Hello,

        Update:
        I check the firewall little more carefully.

        looks like there is something wrong with iptable_nat (I might be
        mistaken).

        ------
        Dunnottar:/public/200701091638/ipk# modprobe iptable_nat
        FATAL: Error inserting iptable_nat (/lib/modules/2.6.20/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/iptable_nat.ko):
        Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
        ------

        from dmesg:
        ------
        ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
        nf_conntrack version 0.5.0 (256 buckets, 2048 max)
        can't load conntrack support for proto=2
        iptable_nat: Unknown symbol nf_nat_module_is_loaded
        ------