Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: gnokii-smsD

  • Mike (mwester)
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 2, 2007
      Hmmm... by "most recent", I'm going to assume 6.8-beta. I think that lsusb
      *should* show you something, but I could be wrong. What port are you
      plugging it into, and do you have a hub on the system? Have you tried
      changing that around (hubs are supported on port 1, but I haven't tried a
      serial device on a hub)?

      Mike (mwester)

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
        Oh the pain and humiliation! Yes, putting it directly into Port 1 (no
        hub) makes it sing, dance and (more importantly) work. This now leaves
        me with a choice: do I want my NSLU2 to work as an SMS gateway or a
        file server?

        Are there any ways to sort this problem? Any places you think I could
        look or things I could research into?

        Details:
        Port 2: 512Mb USB Flash drive (unslung here)
        Port 1: 4 port passive hub (Device ID 05e3:0605)
        - 2x 300Gb HD
        - 1x 250Gb HD
        - Hopefully one PL2303!

        Many thanks for your help so far!
      • jphastingsspital
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
          And While I'm pondering that dilemma, could someone compile the smsD
          (preferably with the MySQL option)? The default gnokii makefile
          doesn't build it by default.
          A newsgroup posting about how to do it here:
          http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-December/108719.html
          the long & short of it is that you need to:
          make clean && make -DWITH_SMSD install

          Thanks for your help everyone!
        • Marcel Nijenhof
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 4, 2007
            On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 22:45 +0000, jphastingsspital wrote:

            > And While I'm pondering that dilemma, could someone compile the smsD
            > (preferably with the MySQL option)?

            I am working on it.

            > The default gnokii makefile doesn't build it by default.

            There is a separate directory and you have to call make there
            again. Unfortunately i have to setup a gnokii-stage first so
            i it's more than just calling make.

            > A newsgroup posting about how to do it here:
            > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-December/108719.html
            > the long & short of it is that you need to:
            > make clean && make -DWITH_SMSD install

            That doesn't work for the slug. This instruction is specific for
            the bsd ports Makefiles.

            --
            marceln
          • Marcel Nijenhof
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 5, 2007
              On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 22:52 +0100, Marcel Nijenhof wrote:

              > > And While I'm pondering that dilemma, could someone compile the smsD
              > > (preferably with the MySQL option)?

              I have submitted the changes for smsd but only with a file backend
              at this moment.

              --
              marceln
            • jphastingsspital
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 8, 2007
                Fantastic! I've tested that out and it works well, except that you
                haven't included glib as a required package - this happens otherwise:

                smsd: error while loading shared libraries: libglib-2.0.so.0: cannot

                to anyone else who gets this error:
                dlopen error: /opt/lib/smsd/libpq.so: cannot open shared object file:
                No such file or directory!
                Cannot load database module pq in directory /opt/lib/smsd!

                it's because the smsD package has only been compiled wih the file
                backend, (it's trying to load the postgresql database backend) use:
                smsd -m file
                and see the manual for more details. (google: smsd man)

                Happy, happy, joy, joy!
              • Marcel Nijenhof
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 9, 2007
                  On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 01:29 +0000, jphastingsspital wrote:

                  > Fantastic! I've tested that out and it works well, except that you
                  > haven't included glib as a required package - this happens otherwise:
                  >
                  > smsd: error while loading shared libraries: libglib-2.0.so.0: cannot

                  This is solved by "oleo" in verion 0.6.14-4.

                  > to anyone else who gets this error:
                  > dlopen error: /opt/lib/smsd/libpq.so: cannot open shared object file:
                  > No such file or directory!
                  > Cannot load database module pq in directory /opt/lib/smsd!

                  This is solved in version "0.6.14-5". The default is now file!

                  > it's because the smsD package has only been compiled wih the file
                  > backend, (it's trying to load the postgresql database backend) use:
                  > smsd -m file

                  There is mysql support from version "0.6.14-3". The sql file to
                  create the actual tables is in version "0.6.14-5".

                  NOTE:
                  Could you document the use of smsd in the wiki.

                  PS:
                  I would like to thank "oleo" and "bzhou" for
                  the patched they added to this package as well.

                  --
                  marceln