Re: gnokii-smsD

  • jphastingsspital
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 2, 2007
      Sorry - its the most recent Unslung, 2.4.22-xfs.

      lsusb won't give anything about the device as it's not being
      recognised by the kernel (or am I wrong on that?)

      -- complete lsusb output --
      Unknown line at line 1809
      Duplicate HUT Usage Spec at line 2650
      Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 Virtual Hub
      Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 Virtual Hub
      Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 Virtual Hub
      Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0605
      Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0840:0082
      Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0840:0082
      Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0ea0:2168
      --

      None of those device IDs are that of my PL2303 (which is 067b:2303)
    • Mike (mwester)
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 2, 2007
        Hmmm... by "most recent", I'm going to assume 6.8-beta. I think that lsusb
        *should* show you something, but I could be wrong. What port are you
        plugging it into, and do you have a hub on the system? Have you tried
        changing that around (hubs are supported on port 1, but I haven't tried a
        serial device on a hub)?

        Mike (mwester)

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
          Oh the pain and humiliation! Yes, putting it directly into Port 1 (no
          hub) makes it sing, dance and (more importantly) work. This now leaves
          me with a choice: do I want my NSLU2 to work as an SMS gateway or a
          file server?

          Are there any ways to sort this problem? Any places you think I could
          look or things I could research into?

          Details:
          Port 2: 512Mb USB Flash drive (unslung here)
          Port 1: 4 port passive hub (Device ID 05e3:0605)
          - 2x 300Gb HD
          - 1x 250Gb HD
          - Hopefully one PL2303!

          Many thanks for your help so far!
        • jphastingsspital
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
            And While I'm pondering that dilemma, could someone compile the smsD
            (preferably with the MySQL option)? The default gnokii makefile
            doesn't build it by default.
            A newsgroup posting about how to do it here:
            http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-December/108719.html
            the long & short of it is that you need to:
            make clean && make -DWITH_SMSD install

            Thanks for your help everyone!
          • Marcel Nijenhof
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 4, 2007
              On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 22:45 +0000, jphastingsspital wrote:

              > And While I'm pondering that dilemma, could someone compile the smsD
              > (preferably with the MySQL option)?

              I am working on it.

              > The default gnokii makefile doesn't build it by default.

              There is a separate directory and you have to call make there
              again. Unfortunately i have to setup a gnokii-stage first so
              i it's more than just calling make.

              > A newsgroup posting about how to do it here:
              > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-December/108719.html
              > the long & short of it is that you need to:
              > make clean && make -DWITH_SMSD install

              That doesn't work for the slug. This instruction is specific for
              the bsd ports Makefiles.

              --
              marceln
            • Marcel Nijenhof
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 5, 2007
                On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 22:52 +0100, Marcel Nijenhof wrote:

                > > And While I'm pondering that dilemma, could someone compile the smsD
                > > (preferably with the MySQL option)?

                I have submitted the changes for smsd but only with a file backend
                at this moment.

                --
                marceln
              • jphastingsspital
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 8, 2007
                  Fantastic! I've tested that out and it works well, except that you
                  haven't included glib as a required package - this happens otherwise:

                  smsd: error while loading shared libraries: libglib-2.0.so.0: cannot

                  to anyone else who gets this error:
                  dlopen error: /opt/lib/smsd/libpq.so: cannot open shared object file:
                  No such file or directory!
                  Cannot load database module pq in directory /opt/lib/smsd!

                  it's because the smsD package has only been compiled wih the file
                  backend, (it's trying to load the postgresql database backend) use:
                  smsd -m file
                  and see the manual for more details. (google: smsd man)

                  Happy, happy, joy, joy!
                • Marcel Nijenhof
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 9, 2007
                    On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 01:29 +0000, jphastingsspital wrote:

                    > Fantastic! I've tested that out and it works well, except that you
                    > haven't included glib as a required package - this happens otherwise:
                    >
                    > smsd: error while loading shared libraries: libglib-2.0.so.0: cannot

                    This is solved by "oleo" in verion 0.6.14-4.

                    > to anyone else who gets this error:
                    > dlopen error: /opt/lib/smsd/libpq.so: cannot open shared object file:
                    > No such file or directory!
                    > Cannot load database module pq in directory /opt/lib/smsd!

                    This is solved in version "0.6.14-5". The default is now file!

                    > it's because the smsD package has only been compiled wih the file
                    > backend, (it's trying to load the postgresql database backend) use:
                    > smsd -m file

                    There is mysql support from version "0.6.14-3". The sql file to
                    create the actual tables is in version "0.6.14-5".

                    NOTE:
                    Could you document the use of smsd in the wiki.

                    PS:
                    I would like to thank "oleo" and "bzhou" for
                    the patched they added to this package as well.

                    --
                    marceln