Re: MediaTomb D-link DSM-320RD questions UPnP

  • janne5011
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2007
      <yes I will do it but if some guy working on m.t. already and maybe
      soon finish mediatomb for nslu I save 19,95euro- thats why I asking
      this.But thanks for reply good to know it works fine=)
      //Janne
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Smirl" <jonsmirl@...> wrote:

      > On 1/1/07, janne5011 <janne5011@...> wrote:
      > > Hi I got myself a DMS-320rd last day and hope I can set one of my
      > > slugs
      > > to work with it=)
      > > I found some info in wiki on MediaTomb:
      > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/MediaTomb
      >
      > Check out Twonky for NSLU2
      > http://www.twonkyvision.de/Products/TwonkyMedia/index.html
      >
      > I have used it for years without problems.
      >

      > > there one guy claims he run it on slug but no info provided =(
      > >
      > > 22/10/2006 Jin says in wiki he make package but that one is not
      finish
      > > (?).
      > > And on mediatoms homepage they claim it works with nslu to-=)
      > > http://mediatomb.org/
      > > Well I search with the pkg search no luck.
      > > Do someone know the status on this pkg?
      > > I know there is twonkymediaserver but is there the same functions
      for
      > > free so..
      > > Is there any other alternatives, what I want is put most important
      > > mp3:s and maybe some photos and listen/look at them with the dsm-
      320.?
      > > There is no need internetradio (provided with dsm) or movies for
      me.
      > > The slug free for this mission is Slugos.
      > > //Janne
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Jon Smirl
      > jonsmirl@...

    • janne5011
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2007
        > > Check out Twonky for NSLU2
        > > http://www.twonkyvision.de/Products/TwonkyMedia/index.html
        > >
        > > I have used it for years without problems.

        What i have found out is that twonkyvision not work without problems!,
        twonky dont update mediafiles and its more or less useless as it is now.
        (That error is a problem with twonky not any slug firmware and dont
        think its work, becuse at first glance it look likes it work but try
        add some files...).

        So the question remain have someone made mediatomb working
        > > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/MediaTomb
        or have someone a good how to about how to make Fuppes mediaserver work.
        i tried but no luck.

        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/InstallFuppesUPNPMediaServer

        It seems some have thoose up and running but there is no good
        description how to accomplish it..
        Is there alternative mediaservers for slugs? else its only windows
        apps =(.
      • Jon Smirl
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2007
          On 1/10/07, janne5011 <janne5011@...> wrote:

          > > > Check out Twonky for NSLU2
          > > > http://www.twonkyvision.de/Products/TwonkyMedia/index.html
          > > >
          > > > I have used it for years without problems.
          >
          > What i have found out is that twonkyvision not work without problems!,
          > twonky dont update mediafiles and its more or less useless as it is now.
          > (That error is a problem with twonky not any slug firmware and dont
          > think its work, becuse at first glance it look likes it work but try
          > add some files...).

          You probably haven't added your media file directories to the config
          file. You have to tell it where to look. There is a good forum for
          answering questions on the twonky site.

          --
          Jon Smirl
          jonsmirl@...
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 2007
            No Jon look at twonky forum there are more ppl who got this problem-
            rebuild databas may-o rmay not work and if rebuild works its only a
            partial solution
            .thats the status of this error(s)
            . it can be you have a older version than 4.1 or 4 beta series.?

            its unacceptable for a application who you msut pay for and they do
            refund becuse of this.
            I would be glad if this wasnt the case.
            so the Q remains.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 10, 2007
              On 1/10/07, janne5011 <janne5011@...> wrote:
              > No Jon look at twonky forum there are more ppl who got this problem-
              > rebuild databas may-o rmay not work and if rebuild works its only a
              > partial solution
              > .thats the status of this error(s)
              > . it can be you have a older version than 4.1 or 4 beta series.?

              I am using 3.1. It isn't giving me any problems so I never bothered upgrading.

              > its unacceptable for a application who you msut pay for and they do
              > refund becuse of this.
              > I would be glad if this wasnt the case.
              > so the Q remains.

              You can download a free 30 day demo.