RE : [nslu2-linux] Viewing files via web interface with debian

  • Provat Bhattacharya
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2006

      You can use http://weeblefm.sourceforge.net/, which I am using for on apache on my kurobox for last 1 year. My system is :
      Canonical HostnameKURO-BOX
      Listening IP192.168.1.62
      Kernel Version2.6.18.1-mh7_kurobox_hg
      Distro Name Debian 4.0
      Uptime5 minutes
      Current Users0
      Load Averages2.52 2.05 0.9

      rocessors1
      Model82xx ( rev: 1.4 (pvr 8081 1014))
      CPU SpeedN.A. Mhz
      Cache Size0.00 KB
      System Bogomips173.05
      PCI Devices
      -Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8169 Gigabit Ethernet
      -Host bridge: Motorola MPC8245 [Unity]
      -IDE interface: Silicon Image, Inc.
      -(2x) USB Controller: NEC Corporation USB
      -USB Controller: NEC Corporation USB 2.0
      IDE Devices
      -hda: ST3300631A (Capacity: 279.46 GB)
      SCSI Devices
      -ST330063 5NF1 (Direct-Access)
      USB Devices
      -Philips PCVC730K WebCam [pwc]

      PROVAT BHATTACHARYA

      En finir avec le spam? Yahoo! Mail vous offre la meilleure protection possible contre les messages non sollicit├ęs
      http://mail.yahoo.fr Yahoo! Mail

    • chandersawh
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
        Update: I got lighttpd installed. I can view my index page by
        http://my-server-ip/index.htm

        How do I publish /?

        To state it again, I want to be able to browse samba shares REMOTELY
        via the web browser. Similar to the linksys web interface but using a
        debian system with a web server serving the pages.

        Thanks,
        narsaw
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Adam Baker <slug@...> wrote:

        > chandersawh <chandersawh@> writes:
        >

        > > As I continue to play with the SLUG I find that I my needs are out
        > > growing that the slug can offer. One example is I need to have gigabit
        > > Ethernet.
        > > I am thinking about installing the full Debian Linux distro on a PC I
        > > have laying around.
        > > Question is, is there a tool/software package that let's you view your
        > > samba shares remotely via the browser?
        > > I use ftp but my wife find this too cumbersome. She likes using the
        > > Linksys web interface.
        > >

        > Any web browser that has directory listing enabled will do this.
        Unslung uses
        > thhtpd as it's web server with the config file in /etc/thttpd.conf.
        It looks as
        > though the unslung version of thhtpd contains some special magic to
        handle the
        > links to the shares while still having symlinks disabled but on a
        local network
        > you could just publish /.

      • oabroad
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "chandersawh" <chandersawh@...>
          wrote:

          > Update: I got lighttpd installed. I can view my index page by
          > http://my-server-ip/index.htm
          >
          > How do I publish /?
          >
          > To state it again, I want to be able to browse samba shares REMOTELY
          > via the web browser. Similar to the linksys web interface but using a
          > debian system with a web server serving the pages.

          I see there's a debian package called smb2www that looks interesting. I
          haven't tried to install it myself. It might be overkill as it looks as
          if it covers other servers not just the machine it runs on.
        • Adam Baker
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2007
            chandersawh <chandersawh@...> writes:

            > Update: I got lighttpd installed. I can view my index page
            byhttp://my-server-ip/index.htm
            > How do I publish /?
            > To state it again, I want to be able to browse samba shares REMOTELY
            > via the web browser. Similar to the linksys web interface but using a
            > debian system with a web server serving the pages.

            Assuming you haven't got the right lighttpd roptions then if you create a
            symlink to your shared directories in the web root directory (typically
            /var/www) to your SMB shares you should be able to browse them as
            http://my-server-ip/symlink-name.

            Options needed are:

            server.follow-symlink
            no server.chroot
            dir-listing.activate = "enable"

            This is all from the documentation - I haven't actually set it up with lighttpd
            myself.