Test result: problem rsync from slugosbe optware unstable feed AS WELL AS native feed

  • CN
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2006
      Brian Zhao, Rod Whitby,

      I was testing the slugosbe optware unstable feed. Many pkgs are working. Saw
      the following problem with rsync pkg. ipkg-opt install worked fine:

      #/opt/bin/rsync --version
      rsync version 2.6.9 protocol version 29

      When using this rsync, there are errors of every symbolic link copy of the form:
      rsync: failed to set times on "/media/sda3/bin/echo": Function not implemented
      (38)

      Now, I tried the same version rsync from the unSlung feed, under slugos/be. It
      does NOT show this error!

      The latest native version for slugos/be of rsync is 2.6.8. Interestingly, that
      version also is showing the same error!! So something is not right in the normal
      build process of the native feed, as well as in Brian's new slugosbe feed build.
      Same error.

      rsync options used in the test: -a --delete -v --stats --progress

      If you need any more information please ask.

      Cordially, Chacko