Re: AW: [nslu2-linux] How to compile for a UnSlung?

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 30, 2006
      On Sat, 2006-12-30 at 19:41 +0100, Wolfgang wrote:

      > thank you for answering to my question. In the two links you added I
      > find a lot about development. This is not my real problem. I already
      > have the source code (for a pwc driver for a Philips webcam (PCVC
      > 740k)).

      Those links are more about how to port c code to the slug then
      about writing in c.

      > Now I have to compile this. So I think my problem is the HowToCompile
      > and not the HowToDevelop.

      Porting software from one platform to an other and packaging the
      software is still a form of developing software. So the pages
      tell you how to develop software packages for the slug.
      So i think most of those pages is still relevant for you.

      But i also have a short answer for you.

      I tried to compile the "pwc" driver for my slug. I did this
      from the master makefile and changing just one line in the
      kernel configuration for the unslung kernel.

      After that the "pwc" module is build.

      Probably i have to make some more changes so that so that
      we create a package from the module so that we can distribute
      it with the next release.

      > Or am I getting everything wrong?

      There is no simple command for this job. You really have
      to prepare a complete crossbuild environment. The easiest
      way to do so is with the master makefile.

      Thats as simple as we can make it unless you install binaries.

      --
      marceln