Happy Holidays

  • mrkzander
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 22, 2006
      Had some free time at work today.

      Here's a little gift for you all.
      <<http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SlugSongBook>>
      Just paste the bash script to a file and then run.
      (it also works if you just paste it to a terminal)

      I wrote it on Openslug but it should work on any Slug that has 'beep'

      Enjoy.
      Zander.
    • Beert Chris van 't Hul

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 23, 2006
          Wow ... this is cool.!
          Thx for sharing it :-)
          With cron, I can use it to wake me up in the morning :p
          Thx again :-)

          Regards,
          Ovidiu Sas

          On 12/23/06, mrkzander <mark.zander@...> wrote:
          > Had some free time at work today.
          >
          > Here's a little gift for you all.
          > <<http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SlugSongBook>>
          > Just paste the bash script to a file and then run.
          > (it also works if you just paste it to a terminal)
          >
          > I wrote it on Openslug but it should work on any Slug that has 'beep'
          >
          > Enjoy.
          > Zander.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Ovidiu Sas
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 23, 2006
            ipkg install beep

            Regards,
            Ovidiu Sas

            mrkzander wrote:

            Had some free time at work today.

            Here's a little gift for you all.
            <<http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SlugSongBook>>
            Just paste the bash script to a file and then run.
            (it also works if you just paste it to a terminal)

            I wrote it on Openslug but it should work on any Slug that has 'beep'

            Enjoy.
            Zander.

          • Gordon Farquharson
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 23, 2006
              On 12/22/06, mrkzander <mark.zander@...> wrote:

              > Here's a little gift for you all.
              > <<http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SlugSongBook>>
              > Just paste the bash script to a file and then run.
              > (it also works if you just paste it to a terminal)

              For all of you running Debian/NSLU2, change the BEEP= line to

              BEEP="/usr/bin/beep -e /dev/input/event0"

              to get this to work.

              Gordon

              --
              Gordon Farquharson
            • janne5011
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 23, 2006
                Thanks Happy Holidays=)

                > On 12/22/06, mrkzander <mark.zander@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Here's a little gift for you all.
                > > <<http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SlugSongBook>>
                > > Just paste the bash script to a file and then run.
                > > (it also works if you just paste it to a terminal)

              • h8dc
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 1, 2007
                  Oh, this is great!

                  Now my slug can play a real tune when the webcam detects motion,
                  following your example, of course. :-)

                  Now, if I can get it to play "Flight of the Valkyries"... :-)

                  Thanks for sharing that!