SlugAsAudioPlayer (Unslung 6.5)

  • w_cross
    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 15, 2006
      Hi,

      Is the Wiki out of date for Unslung 6.5 in configuring USB Audio. I
      cannot seem to find the alsa packages to install.

      Is there any other place to install the packages from or do I need to
      look at SlugOS.

      Any help or pointers people can give would be gratefully received.

      Thanks
    • nettsr
      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 11, 2007
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Jeroen Massar <jeroen@...> wrote:

        > >> OK... Plugged this thing into an OpenSUSE 10.1 machine and
        installed
        > >> the Generic USB driver and I get audio. Volume control is only
        On or
        > >> Off, otherwise it works.
        > >>
        > >> ...so, any ideas how we can make this work on the slug? Is there
        any
        > >> info that I can provide from the SUSE machine?

        > What you need to do on the OpenSUSE box is: "lsmod" this will show
        which
        > modules are loaded. Also check "dmesg" and see what driver gets
        loaded
        > when you plug it in. Doing "lsmod", then plugging the device in, and
        > then "lsmod" again and comparing (lsmod >bla; *plug in*; lsmod
        >bla2;
        > diff bla bla2) will show you which driver it uses.
        >
        > Then just get that driver installed on your slug and off you go...

        Cool... this is the kind of info I'm looking for. Makes perfect sense.

        > http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/ doesn't have it listed though.
        > So if it works you might want to add it to that DB.

        Definately will do.