HDD not mounting - New Unslung User

  • georgechurchward
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2006
      Hello
      New NSLU2 out of the box with 2 x Seagate 300G drives
      1. Upgraded to latest Linksys firmware
      2. Then load 5.5 Unslung FW
      3. Following this process
      http://howtotwonky.pbwiki.com/Hard%20Drive%20Installation

      a) powerup with no drives
      b) enable telnet, telnet to platform
      c) powerup the drives
      lights come up, but no GUI indication of drive being mounted, tried
      many drives and memory sticks with the same issue. I can mount
      the drive manually but GUI remains the same. However when
      unmounting the drive, it comes up busy. Reload system with Drives
      attached and they are recognised. Little help when I cannot do the
      unslung process on telnet session.

      I have a 2nd NSLU with Linksys FW and when I attach drives they are
      immediately mounted and recognised. I have really searched up and
      down the mail lists to try and resolve this problem.

      TIA, Help appreciated.
      George