Re: ssh for file transfer?

  • martienl
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2006

      I installed openssh using ipkg; however I can't find openssh-sftp in
      the ipkg list. Erm, does that mean I'm missing out on a safe way to
      ftp? Or should I install vsftp?

      I'm not happy with the default firmwared FTP program, as it ignores
      the seconds in the time stamps of files grrr!

      Martine

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "oabroad" <temp2@...> wrote:

      > > Is there another part I need to install or a config change?
      > >

      > I think I needed openssh-sftp, installed it and it works fine now.

    • CN
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2006
        On which os? (sorry, I did not read earlier msgs of this thread, it is always a good
        idea to keep the os name in the subject or in every msg.)

        I did openssh-sftp two days ago on SlugOS_BE. Many months ago when I was
        setting up ssh on unSlung, I do not remember having to do that separately, but I
        had been using the openssh-sftp on unSlung too.

        Perhaps there is a combo pkg which has openssh-sftp included?

        Cordially, CN