Re: Strange behaviour with Western Digital MyBook Essential 500GB

  • anguel_stankov
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
      I also can hardly imagine that it is exactly the cache size because
      this is internal drive hardware. As I said in my other post I have the
      impression that the problem occurs if the drive does not manage to
      start up on time because of some delay that occurs from time to time.
      Mabe this could have something to do with the cache?

      Anguel

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)" <mwester@...>
      wrote:

      > Can you elaborate? Do you have a reference or a URL with more
      details? If
      > this is so, it would seem to be something documentable for new
      users, and
      > perhaps even patchable in the kernel (although I know of no parts of the
      > kernel that are aware of the cache size of an IDE disk).
      > Mike (mwester)

    • anguel_stankov
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2007
        Update: The drive spins down with Unslung 5.5 (without additional
        scripts) but not with 6.8 so far :(