Re: Problem with Unison and times option (changing times of files) on OpenSlug 3.10

  • hallerharry73
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2006

      I use unison - 2.13.16-1 daily on Unslung 6.8 _without_ the time
      option and it works flawlessly.
      I found that "touch /path/file" on a file mounted via SMB doesn't
      fail but also does not change atime (I do not know the reason for
      that, but this might be the reason for the error message). So I
      would suggest to use Unison in socket mode using something like
      "unison -socket 65534" on the NSLU2 and "socket://slug:65534//path/"
      on the other (Win) side.
      BTW: I also use group=false and owner=true to set the owner of the
      files, but that might not be relevant for a vfat fs.

      73
      HH

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "cogitatio_de" <yahoo@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > I am trying to synch a windows machine with a vfat drive mounted
      > the nslu2. I have OpenSlug 3.10-beta running on the slug,
      installed
      > unison 2.13.16 package with the packet manager.
      >
      > Now i want to use the times option of unison, so the creation
      dates on
      > the drives dont differ. When trying to synch, i get the following
      > error message:
      > Failed: Failed to set modification time of file
      > /media/sdb1/rsyncs/cogitatio/Kundendaten/.#foldername

      Screensaver.055e9328d195e75b07439fc077692cf9.unison.tmp/filename.eps