Linksys still making NSLU2?

  • Jeff Shapiro
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2006
      Hi!

      I've been searching for a pretty long time for an inexpensive
      platform for Java development. Any single-board computer I've found
      is at least $150 or more.

      Last week I stumbled across the NSLU2-linux stuff and am very
      excited to get tinkering. For under $100 (as low as $68 new at
      Buy.com) I get a SBC with ethernet and 2 USB ports. My question is
      can I realistically count on buying these somewhere 100 at a time if
      I want to incorporate the motherboard into my project?

      Any idea if they're still "in production" from Linksys and where I
      might go about trying to purchase them in quantity?

      Or... if anyone has any suggestions for something under $100 with
      ethernet and at least one serial port that runs Linux (so I can do
      Java development, run a small web server, etc.) that would be
      fantastic.

      Thanks!

      -- Jeff