Re: [nslu2-linux] Has there been any progress on getting a slug to run a gigabit usb adapter?

  • Brian Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2006
      On Nov 9, 2006, at 10:32 AM, amoselberg wrote:

      > I have a WRT350N coming soon, and I'd love to be able to get improved
      > throughput from the NSLU2.

      I'm not sure you would get any improved throughput by using that
      adapter, at least as far as an NFS server.

      There was a thread a while back on transfer speed and I believe that
      conclusion was that it was the actual CPU speed that was limiting
      things, as well as the USB interface itself.

      I think I read here that the open source driver for the built-in
      network interface was up to 30% faster, but I don't know if that will
      help throughput from/to a hard drive either.

      Certainly couldn't hurt to try though.