Re: Unslung or OpenSlug

  • feralcat44g
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Brian Wood <beww@...> wrote:

      > On Nov 6, 2006, at 2:05 PM, feralcat44g wrote:
      >

      > > I have a new question to ask. will I be able to keep the data that I
      > > have on disk 1 (200 GB Maxtor one touch ultra) that I have put on it
      > > since I started using my slug with the origanl linksys firmware or
      > > will I have to back up all those files and reformat the data drive?
      > > I'm sure the 80 GB drive that is curently being unslung to will have
      > > to be reformatted once the new openslug firmware is installed.
      >

      > It would depend on what format the drives are. If they are EXT-2/3
      > you should be OK, if they are NTFS or something equally squirrelly
      > you might have problems.

      That's good to know since they both were formatted by the slug itself
      and it used the ext-2/3 format. I just hope I can get Openslug up and
      working on the network. I know from reading up on it that it will take
      a little work to get it running, but I'm up for the challenge. Thank
      you all for all the response and all the helpful info.