Disk mounts after remount script.

  • jinnan_tonnix
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2006
      Hi all,

      I'm having trouble getting my drive to spin down. It seems it's being
      accessed every 5 seconds by the journalling system.

      I've used Andreas's script and the 'noatime' script to remount var and
      dev in memory rather than disk, and to set the 'noatime' flag on the disk.

      This is my system mounts after the scripts run - could someone check
      their system to see if they get the same result? Thanks. Please post back!

      'cat /proc/mounts' shows:
      # cat /proc/mounts
      rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
      /dev/root /initrd jffs2 rw 0 0
      /dev/sdb1 / ext3 rw,noatime 0 0
      /proc /proc proc rw 0 0
      usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs rw 0 0
      /dev/sdb1 /dev.state ext3 rw,noatime 0 0
      ramfs /dev ramfs rw 0 0
      /dev/sdb1 /var.state ext3 rw,noatime 0 0
      ramfs /var ramfs rw 0 0
      /dev/sdb1 /share/hdd/data ext3 rw,noatime 0 0
      /dev/sdb2 /share/hdd/conf ext3 rw,noatime 0 0

      'Mount' shows
      # mount
      /dev/sdb1 on /initrd type jffs2 (rw)
      /dev/sdb1 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime)
      /proc on /proc type proc (rw)
      usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
      /dev/sdb1 on /dev.state type ext3 (rw,noatime)
      ramfs on /dev type ramfs (rw)
      /dev/sdb1 on /var.state type ext3 (rw,noatime)
      ramfs on /var type ramfs (rw)
      /dev/sdb1 on /share/hdd/data type ext3 (rw,noatime)
      /dev/sdb2 on /share/hdd/conf type ext3 (rw,noatime)