ssh for file transfer?

  • oabroad
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2006
      Using unslung with openssh installed I can access files and folders on
      the NSLU using SSH, by entering a path like ssh://root@192.168.3.250/

      I also have a NU54 running openslug, also with openssh (not dropbear)
      but although I can log in using SSH I can't use ssh for file access.

      Is there another part I need to install or a config change?
    • oabroad
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2006

        > Is there another part I need to install or a config change?

        I think I needed openssh-sftp, installed it and it works fine now.
      • Laurent Gilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2006
          Hello,

          > Using unslung with openssh installed I can access files and folders on
          > the NSLU using SSH, by entering a path like ssh://root@192.168.3.250/

          FYI: That´s the "SSH File Transfer Protocol". It´s an extension to the
          normal ssh protocoll and may not be implemented in every server out there.
          sshfs is based on that: http://fuse.sourceforge.net/sshfs.html

          cu
        • martienl
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2006
            Hi,

            I installed openssh using ipkg; however I can't find openssh-sftp in
            the ipkg list. Erm, does that mean I'm missing out on a safe way to
            ftp? Or should I install vsftp?

            I'm not happy with the default firmwared FTP program, as it ignores
            the seconds in the time stamps of files grrr!

            Martine

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "oabroad" <temp2@...> wrote:

            > > Is there another part I need to install or a config change?
            > >

            > I think I needed openssh-sftp, installed it and it works fine now.

          • CN
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2006
              On which os? (sorry, I did not read earlier msgs of this thread, it is always a good
              idea to keep the os name in the subject or in every msg.)

              I did openssh-sftp two days ago on SlugOS_BE. Many months ago when I was
              setting up ssh on unSlung, I do not remember having to do that separately, but I
              had been using the openssh-sftp on unSlung too.

              Perhaps there is a combo pkg which has openssh-sftp included?

              Cordially, CN