Re: Debian slug

  • szafran_pl
    Message 1 of 35 , Nov 4, 2006
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@...> wrote:

      > * szafran_pl <blah50@...> [2006-11-04 09:38]:
      > > If i have currently the beta 2 flashed and i'll flash the slug
      with
      > > beta 3, will than the system boot up ? If it will, than will it
      run
      > > the eth drivers ?
      >
      > There is no beta 3. If you have installed Debian using beta 2, you
      > need to manually upgrade using the instructions from
      > http://cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/upgrade.html This will
      automatically
      > boot up after you flash the new firmware, and it will include
      > Ethernet.
      >
      > If you don't currently have Debian on your slug but want to install
      > via debian-installer, you have to wait a few more days until rc1 is
      > available.
      > --
      > Martin Michlmayr
      > http://www.cyrius.com/

      Thanks for the info on upgrade. I've just upgraded my slug. Is there
      a way to use the additional mem I have installed (128MB total)
      without properly working serial mod ? (my serial mod works only one
      way :/)

      Regards
      Szafran
    • szafran_pl
      Message 35 of 35 , Nov 10, 2006
        Martin,

        I'm getting this error: BUG: warning at
        arch/arm/mm/consistent.c:363/dma_free_coherent()

        because of it the slug wont boot. to get rid of it do i need to
        recompile the kernel or just add mem=128MB@0x00000000 to the command
        line ?

        Regards
        Szafran