open-iscsi on slug

  • Richard Cottrill
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
      Hello all,

      This is my first post, and hopefully you won't all take a set against me for silliness ;-)

      Has anyone attempted to compile Open-iSCSI for the slug? My glancing at the code suggests that it doesn't use anything other than kernel types which are (I assume) platform independent.

      Is anyone interested in the result?

      I am absolutely not a kernel programmer...

      Richard
    • Mike (mwester)
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
        A package search seems to show that iscsi is available for OpenSlug:
        kernel-module-iscsi-tcp. Is that what you're looking for?
        Mike (mwester)

        > This is my first post, and hopefully you won't all take a set against me
        for
        > silliness ;-)
        >
        > Has anyone attempted to compile Open-iSCSI for the slug? My glancing at
        the
        > code suggests that it doesn't use anything other than kernel types which
        are
        > (I assume) platform independent.
        >
        > Is anyone interested in the result?
        >
        > I am absolutely not a kernel programmer...
        >
        > Richard

      • Richard Cottrill
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
          Sweet. Hope so. There's a few different iSCSI implementations, so I'll
          follow that up and see what's under the lid.

          Thanks,

          Richard

          A package search seems to show that iscsi is available for OpenSlug:
          kernel-module-iscsi-tcp. Is that what you're looking for?
          Mike (mwester)

          > This is my first post, and hopefully you won't all take a set against me
          for
          > silliness ;-)
          >
          > Has anyone attempted to compile Open-iSCSI for the slug? My glancing at
          the
          > code suggests that it doesn't use anything other than kernel types which
          are
          > (I assume) platform independent.
          >
          > Is anyone interested in the result?
          >
          > I am absolutely not a kernel programmer...
          >
          > Richard

          Yahoo! Groups Links