Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Is the Debian Bootstrap currently trashed?

  • Ciemon Dunville
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
      Fernando, thank you, my problem is now resolved.

      It was the ethernet driver of course.

      The problem was in my reading of the wiki, in that up until the driver
      part I had been editing files using vim, however, the driver part of
      the page reads:

      Add the network driver explicity to etc/modules, in order to get the
      network port working after reboot:

      echo "ixp400_eth dev_max_count=1" >> /etc/modules

      ..and so I had been editing /etc/modules and adding that line. Of
      course you stated that ixp400_eth dev_max_count=1 should be added to
      the file. Now reading the wiki I can see what the line is doing.

      Maybe the wiki needs tweaking, maybe I should do what the page says
      rather than not reading it properly.

      Anyway, slug bootsrapped from work this morning, now for the fun to begin.

      Thanks again
    • Fernando Carolo
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Ciemon Dunville" <ciemon@...> wrote:

        > Fernando, thank you, my problem is now resolved.

        Very good!

        > It was the ethernet driver of course.
        >
        > The problem was in my reading of the wiki, in that up until the driver
        > part I had been editing files using vim, however, the driver part of
        > the page reads:
        >
        > Add the network driver explicity to etc/modules, in order to get the
        > network port working after reboot:
        >
        > echo "ixp400_eth dev_max_count=1" >> /etc/modules
        >
        > ..and so I had been editing /etc/modules and adding that line. Of
        > course you stated that ixp400_eth dev_max_count=1 should be added to
        > the file. Now reading the wiki I can see what the line is doing.
        >
        > Maybe the wiki needs tweaking, maybe I should do what the page says
        > rather than not reading it properly.

        You are right, the instructions in the wiki look confusing, I will
        rewrite that part of the page in order to make it clear.

        > Anyway, slug bootsrapped from work this morning, now for the fun to
        begin.

        Hopefully you'll be another happy DebianSlug user :-)

        Regards,

        Fernando
      • Ciemon Dunville
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
          On 01/11/06, Fernando Carolo <carolo@...> wrote:

          > Hopefully you'll be another happy DebianSlug user :-)

          I am already and I haven't even started! Hopefully I'll get some more
          interested at my LUG meet this weekend.

          Now.. time to give aptitude a workout :)