kernel-module-nls-cp850

  • Stefan Carslöv
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006
      Hi!

      I try to add the kernel module kernel-module-nls-cp850 to support my
      languages special character, but when I do "ipkg install
      kernel-module-nls-cp850" it says that it can't find the package.
      Has it been removed?

      I run Unslung 6.8 beta.
    • Mike (mwester)
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006
        Strange, everything looks like it should be ok, but of course there may
        still be a problem...

        I don't have a slug with the released 6.8-beta, but looking at the image, it
        should be able to find the module here:
        http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/modules/cross/6.8-beta/kernel-module-nls-cp850_2.4.22.l2.3r63-r10_ixp4xxbe.ipk

        Have you run "ipkg update"?

        Or it could be that you just happened to catch the repositories while they
        were unavailable for a few minutes - can you try again and let me know what
        it does?

        Thanks,
        Mike

        > I try to add the kernel module kernel-module-nls-cp850 to support my
        > languages special character, but when I do "ipkg install
        > kernel-module-nls-cp850" it says that it can't find the package.
        > Has it been removed?
        >
        > I run Unslung 6.8 beta.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Stefan Carslöv
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006
          I've run "ipkg update" several times, and tried to get the package for
          a couple of days now.
          I just tried it once more. First i did an update which downloaded the,
          and then an install. The result was:

          # ipkg install kernel-module-nls-cp850
          Nothing to be done
          An error ocurred, return value: 4.
          Collected errors:
          Cannot find package kernel-module-nls-cp850.
          Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

          I also saw that the package file was at the URL you mentioned, but I
          just discovered that it don't have an entry here:
          http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/modules/cross/6.8-beta/Packages.gz
          Could it be why ipkg can't get it? And if so, what can I do to fix it?

          Kind regards,
          Stefan

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)" <mwester@...>
          wrote:

          > Strange, everything looks like it should be ok, but of course there may
          > still be a problem...
          >
          > I don't have a slug with the released 6.8-beta, but looking at the
          image, it
          > should be able to find the module here:

          http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/modules/cross/6.8-beta/kernel-module-nls-cp850_2.4.22.l2.3r63-r10_ixp4xxbe.ipk

          > Have you run "ipkg update"?
          >
          > Or it could be that you just happened to catch the repositories
          while they
          > were unavailable for a few minutes - can you try again and let me
          know what
          > it does?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Mike

        • Mike (mwester)
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006
            Good catch - yes, that's the problem. Why that is the case is another
            mystery.
            For now, just download the URL I provided with wget, and then use ipkg to
            install the downloaded file.

            I'll investigate and try to fix the Packages.gz file for future downloads.

            Mike (mwester)

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006
              Thanks!
              It worked like a charm.

              /Stefan

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
                Thank you. Got the same Problem right now.
                I installed directly from the URL you mentioned:
                ipkg install
                http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/modules/cross/6.8-beta/kernel-module-nls-cp850_2.4.22.l2.3r63-r10_ixp4xxbe.ipk
              • rmsds
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
                  After upgrading from 5.5 to 6.8 I found that I didn't have any kernel-modules
                  listed at all, I had to do:

                  $ ipkg install unslung-feeds
                  $ ipkg update

                  After this I had some kernel-modules-nls-cp??? available but I still didn't
                  have cp850. It worked fine when I installed using the complete URL as you
                  suggested.

                  Maybe this information help trackdown the problem.

                  Cheers,
                  Ricardo