GPL source code incomplete?

  • paulbart1234
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2004
      I think that some of the GPL'd code used in the NSLU2 isn't provided
      in the source code on the CD (for example: "Redboot" has been
      modified, and I wouldn't be surprised if the kernel itself (vmlinux)
      has some custom code).

      I know there was some problems with GPL code on earlier LinkSys
      products, which I think eventually got worked out.

      How should we go about getting all of the source from LinuSys (if
      anyone knows the answer)?

      I realize there's a bunch of custom utilities that they don't have
      to provide, but for any binary that contains GPL code, they must
      provide the source to customers (if they request it).

      - Paulb