Re: [nslu2-linux] ushare upnp media server on openslug

  • Viswanathan Sankararam
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2006
      Is there a way I can compile the ushare source to install on openslug. I looked on the nlsu2 website but it keeps talking about unlsung. I had compiled the OpenSlug 3.10beta sources before on my Debian x86 PC. I would like to know how I can use this environment to compile ushare source and use the NSLU2 to get the binary package from my Debian box. I would really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

      Thanks
      Vish

      Øyvind Repvik <nail@...> wrote:
      Viswanathan Sankararam wrote:
      > Does anyone know if the ushare upnp media server is available on
      > openslug distro?

      No, it's not. Unless someone ports it.

      Regards,
      Øyvind Repvik

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Thomas Reitmayr
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2006
        Hi Vish,
        did the libupnp also install? "ipkg list_installed | grep upnp" should show you version 1.4.1-r0. Here I just removed libupnp and ushare and reinstalled from the devbase feed -> works. Also the ipkg for libupnp seems to include all libraries needed.
        The only parameter UpnpInit gets are IP adress and port number, so there isn't too much to get wrong either.
        You could of course compile from the sources to see if that makes a difference.
        -Thomas