Openslug - Setting kernel config and rebuilding

  • t_w_janes
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2006

      I have openslug 3.1 installed and running by downloading the source
      to an i386 Linux box, running "make openslug-image" and
      using "upslug2".

      I now wish to change a couple of kernel config settings.

      I have got as far as editing openslug-nslu2.tmp/work/ixp4xx-kernel-
      2.6.16-r16-r6.4/linux-2.6.16/.config

      How do I now get "make openslug-image" to pick up the change and
      rebuild the kernel and flash image?

      Is it safe to reflash the image using upslug2 with a Memory stick
      attached?

      The reason I ask is that the stick is hard soldered onto one of the
      internal USB posts – I don't want to lose the contents of the memory
      stick.

      I have a serial lead up and running.

      Thanks for your help.

      Tim.