Re: spca5xx binaries

  • guy_nux
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 3, 2006

      > another cam (Labtec WebCam Pro) and it worked right out of the box

      Thanks for your return of experience. So, I added a working webcams
      list at:
      http://slugplayer.free.fr/wikini/wakka.php?wiki=InstallerUneWebcam
      Let me know, please, if I could add some more information. I think we
      could do a lot with "motion", do'nt you ?
      guynux
    • h8dc
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 3, 2006
        > Let me know, please, if I could add some more information.

        Yes, I will.

        > I think we could do a lot with "motion", do'nt you ?

        Yes, indeed. I'm having fun with Motion. Right now it watches my PC
        room and takes pictures only when someone goes in an out of the room.
        It's crude now, but I can catch my kids snooping around. :-)

        I'll be working on getting it to send me email and putting pictures on
        a webpage (that I have yet to build).

        One problem I am having is that I can't get my camera to work on a USB
        2.0 hub. I need to use a hub so I can put the camera, a wireless
        ethernet dongle and other devices on my DebianSlug (if possible). I
        seem to recall something in the wiki that USB 1.1 hubs works better.
        I have to investigate that. It'll be a fun project to work on during
        the winter months. :-)

        Take care,
        h8dc
      • h8dc
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 12, 2006
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, david <slugplayer@...> wrote:
          > You can get it on my web site :
          > http://slugplayer.free.fr/pub/spca5xx/
          > precompiled module for debianslug and source modified for debianslug.

          I'm using your precompiled module.

          I'd like to build it myself. Did you cross-compile it or was it done
          natively? If natively, where'd you get the kernel source and/or
          kernel headers?

          Thanks,
          h8dc
        • david
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 12, 2006
            On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 17:34 +0000, h8dc wrote:
            > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, david <slugplayer@...> wrote:
            > > You can get it on my web site :
            > > http://slugplayer.free.fr/pub/spca5xx/
            > > precompiled module for debianslug and source modified for debianslug.
            >
            > I'm using your precompiled module.
            >
            > I'd like to build it myself. Did you cross-compile it or was it done
            > natively? If natively, where'd you get the kernel source and/or
            > kernel headers?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > h8dc

            The module is natively compiled.
            A nice people gave me the kernel source, but I don't remember who....
            You can get it on my web site :

            http://slugplayer.free.fr/pub/linux-source/linux-source-nslu2.tar.gz

            I invite You to use this spca5xx sources :
            http://slugplayer.free.fr/pub/spca5xx/debianslug-3.10-spca5xx-source.tar.gz
            I've made some modifications, if not, the compilation will fail.

            David.

            --
            http://slugplayer.free.fr