Re: spca5xx binaries

  • h8dc
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 2, 2006
      Thanks for making your page available (and thanks to google for
      translating the page). :-)

      I've been trying for a while to get two of my cams to work and was
      finally able to get good results after buying another webcam. I have
      two cams that are on the list of compatible cameras for the spca5xx
      driver, but I haven't gotten them to work. On a whim, I bought
      another cam (Labtec WebCam Pro) and it worked right out of the box.
      Motion works great with it! Thanks again for your spca5xx driver
      build. I couldn't have done it myself.

      > You can get it on my web site :
      > http://slugplayer.free.fr/pub/spca5xx/
      > precompiled module for debianslug and source modified for debianslug.
      >
      > David
      > --
      > http://slugplayer.free.fr

    • guy_nux
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 3, 2006
        Hi,

        > another cam (Labtec WebCam Pro) and it worked right out of the box

        Thanks for your return of experience. So, I added a working webcams
        list at:
        http://slugplayer.free.fr/wikini/wakka.php?wiki=InstallerUneWebcam
        Let me know, please, if I could add some more information. I think we
        could do a lot with "motion", do'nt you ?
        guynux
      • h8dc
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 3, 2006
          > Let me know, please, if I could add some more information.

          Yes, I will.

          > I think we could do a lot with "motion", do'nt you ?

          Yes, indeed. I'm having fun with Motion. Right now it watches my PC
          room and takes pictures only when someone goes in an out of the room.
          It's crude now, but I can catch my kids snooping around. :-)

          I'll be working on getting it to send me email and putting pictures on
          a webpage (that I have yet to build).

          One problem I am having is that I can't get my camera to work on a USB
          2.0 hub. I need to use a hub so I can put the camera, a wireless
          ethernet dongle and other devices on my DebianSlug (if possible). I
          seem to recall something in the wiki that USB 1.1 hubs works better.
          I have to investigate that. It'll be a fun project to work on during
          the winter months. :-)

          Take care,
          h8dc
        • h8dc
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 12, 2006
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, david <slugplayer@...> wrote:
            > You can get it on my web site :
            > http://slugplayer.free.fr/pub/spca5xx/
            > precompiled module for debianslug and source modified for debianslug.

            I'm using your precompiled module.

            I'd like to build it myself. Did you cross-compile it or was it done
            natively? If natively, where'd you get the kernel source and/or
            kernel headers?

            Thanks,
            h8dc
          • david
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 12, 2006
              On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 17:34 +0000, h8dc wrote:
              > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, david <slugplayer@...> wrote:
              > > You can get it on my web site :
              > > http://slugplayer.free.fr/pub/spca5xx/
              > > precompiled module for debianslug and source modified for debianslug.
              >
              > I'm using your precompiled module.
              >
              > I'd like to build it myself. Did you cross-compile it or was it done
              > natively? If natively, where'd you get the kernel source and/or
              > kernel headers?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > h8dc

              The module is natively compiled.
              A nice people gave me the kernel source, but I don't remember who....
              You can get it on my web site :

              http://slugplayer.free.fr/pub/linux-source/linux-source-nslu2.tar.gz

              I invite You to use this spca5xx sources :
              http://slugplayer.free.fr/pub/spca5xx/debianslug-3.10-spca5xx-source.tar.gz
              I've made some modifications, if not, the compilation will fail.

              David.

              --
              http://slugplayer.free.fr