appWeb

  • GSHumphreys
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2006
      Hello,

      I am having trouble, as a new user...I want to change the appWeb pages
      from within winXP I dont seem to be able to do this. Any help
      appreciated. Cheerrs Gary
    • JMVDWYM
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2006
        Gary,

        The default web folder (InetPub\wwwroot in Windows terms) is
        in /opt/var/appWeb/web. This isn't part of the normal shares so is
        not initially accessible from other machines as a share.

        Rather than try to figure out how to share a funky folder, I just
        edited /opt/var/appWeb/appWeb.conf and changed my DocumentRoot line to
        be something like:
        DocumentRoot "/share/flash/data/public/wwwroot/mysite"

        Once that's done you should be able to get to the share like any other
        shared folder. Note that it won't take effect until you restart the
        appWeb server by executing /opt/etc/init.d/S81appWeb (at least that's
        what it was on my machine...)

        Hope that helps!

        Jon-Mikel

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "GSHumphreys" <gshumphreys@...>