Re: configure, make make install what is needed

  • Adam Baker
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
      janne5011 <janne5011@...> writes:

      > as topic.I got a idea I want to try.=). I looked at wiki but was
      > little confusing =)
      > I got unslung latest.
      > what Do I need?
      > thanks in advance

      If you want to know what the equivalent procedure is on the slug to typing
      ./configure;make;make install on any other Linux box then the simple answer
      is assuming you have the native development tools installed on the slug you
      can do exactly the same.

      If you don't have development tools installed then just install the
      unslung-devel package.

      If you want to build the software as an optware package rather than just for
      yourself then read the instructions at
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/AddAPackageToUnslung
      It is fairly straightforward as long as the package doesn't have problems
      building, you just need to copy the default makefile template and change a
      few variables to match the package you want to build.
    • janne5011
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Adam Baker <slug@...> wrote:

        > janne5011 <janne5011@> writes:
        >

        > > as topic.I got a idea I want to try.=). I looked at wiki but was
        > > little confusing =)
        > > I got unslung latest.
        > > what Do I need?
        > > thanks in advance
        > >

        > If you want to know what the equivalent procedure is on the slug to
        typing
        > ./configure;make;make install on any other Linux box then the simple
        answer
        > is assuming you have the native development tools installed on the
        slug you
        > can do exactly the same.
        >
        > If you don't have development tools installed then just install the
        > unslung-devel package.
        >
        > If you want to build the software as an optware package rather than
        just for
        > yourself then read the instructions at
        > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/AddAPackageToUnslung
        > It is fairly straightforward as long as the package doesn't have
        problems
        > building, you just need to copy the default makefile template and
        change a
        > few variables to match the package you want to build.

        ok I installed unslung-devel
        but when i try configure it says there is no acceptable c compiler
        found in $PATH.

        what to do?
      • Adam Baker
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
          janne5011 <janne5011@...> writes:

          > ok I installed unslung-devel
          > but when i try configure it says there is no acceptable c compiler
          > found in $PATH.

          Is /opt/bin in your PATH? If you just type gcc does it find the compiler?