configure, make make install what is needed

  • janne5011
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
      as topic.I got a idea I want to try.=). I looked at wiki but was
      little confusing =)
      I got unslung latest.
      what Do I need?
      thanks in advance
    • Adam Baker
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
        janne5011 <janne5011@...> writes:

        > as topic.I got a idea I want to try.=). I looked at wiki but was
        > little confusing =)
        > I got unslung latest.
        > what Do I need?
        > thanks in advance

        If you want to know what the equivalent procedure is on the slug to typing
        ./configure;make;make install on any other Linux box then the simple answer
        is assuming you have the native development tools installed on the slug you
        can do exactly the same.

        If you don't have development tools installed then just install the
        unslung-devel package.

        If you want to build the software as an optware package rather than just for
        yourself then read the instructions at
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/AddAPackageToUnslung
        It is fairly straightforward as long as the package doesn't have problems
        building, you just need to copy the default makefile template and change a
        few variables to match the package you want to build.
      • janne5011
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Adam Baker <slug@...> wrote:

          > janne5011 <janne5011@> writes:
          >

          > > as topic.I got a idea I want to try.=). I looked at wiki but was
          > > little confusing =)
          > > I got unslung latest.
          > > what Do I need?
          > > thanks in advance
          > >

          > If you want to know what the equivalent procedure is on the slug to
          typing
          > ./configure;make;make install on any other Linux box then the simple
          answer
          > is assuming you have the native development tools installed on the
          slug you
          > can do exactly the same.
          >
          > If you don't have development tools installed then just install the
          > unslung-devel package.
          >
          > If you want to build the software as an optware package rather than
          just for
          > yourself then read the instructions at
          > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/AddAPackageToUnslung
          > It is fairly straightforward as long as the package doesn't have
          problems
          > building, you just need to copy the default makefile template and
          change a
          > few variables to match the package you want to build.

          ok I installed unslung-devel
          but when i try configure it says there is no acceptable c compiler
          found in $PATH.

          what to do?
        • Adam Baker
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
            janne5011 <janne5011@...> writes:

            > ok I installed unslung-devel
            > but when i try configure it says there is no acceptable c compiler
            > found in $PATH.

            Is /opt/bin in your PATH? If you just type gcc does it find the compiler?