Re: Trying to get Cups to work

  • hansem72
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Endecott"
      <spam_from_nslu2_linux@...> wrote:

      > > ... init.d ...
      > > it seems like this is a file?
      >
      > No, init.d should be a directory. Maybe it is an empty directory,
      > which has confused you? (The "d" in ".d" stands for "directory".)
      >

      > Phil.

      Got a lot further. Cups is now working, I think. I deleted the init.d
      file and created the directory.

      The webinterface now works, now just to get the printer to print.

      When I connect the printer to port 1, no lights or something. Is this
      okay? I've changed the the deviceuri to DeviceURI
      parallel:/dev/usb/lp0 the printer is on port 1 (disk 1).

      My printer is a HP970Cxi, i'm using the HP990 default driver.

      Anyone suggestions?

      Marco
    • Phil Endecott
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
        > When I connect the printer to port 1, no lights or something. Is this
        > okay? I've changed the the deviceuri to DeviceURI
        > parallel:/dev/usb/lp0 the printer is on port 1 (disk 1).

        Why "parallel:" ? Surely you want "usb:" ?

        Does lsusb find it?
      • hansem72
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
          <spam_from_nslu2_linux@...> wrote:

          > > When I connect the printer to port 1, no lights or something. Is this
          > > okay? I've changed the the deviceuri to DeviceURI
          > > parallel:/dev/usb/lp0 the printer is on port 1 (disk 1).
          >
          > Why "parallel:" ? Surely you want "usb:" ?
          >
          > Does lsusb find it?

          The light is not on for port 1, even with the printer connected. But
          it works now.

          I got it to work using parallel:/dev/usb/lp0 and using chmod 777 on
          that device.

          Marco