Re: Trying to get Cups to work

  • Phil Endecott
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
      > ... init.d ...
      > it seems like this is a file?

      No, init.d should be a directory. Maybe it is an empty directory,
      which has confused you? (The "d" in ".d" stands for "directory".)

      Phil.
    • hansem72
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Endecott"
        <spam_from_nslu2_linux@...> wrote:

        > > ... init.d ...
        > > it seems like this is a file?
        >
        > No, init.d should be a directory. Maybe it is an empty directory,
        > which has confused you? (The "d" in ".d" stands for "directory".)
        >

        > Phil.

        Got a lot further. Cups is now working, I think. I deleted the init.d
        file and created the directory.

        The webinterface now works, now just to get the printer to print.

        When I connect the printer to port 1, no lights or something. Is this
        okay? I've changed the the deviceuri to DeviceURI
        parallel:/dev/usb/lp0 the printer is on port 1 (disk 1).

        My printer is a HP970Cxi, i'm using the HP990 default driver.

        Anyone suggestions?

        Marco
      • Phil Endecott
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
          > When I connect the printer to port 1, no lights or something. Is this
          > okay? I've changed the the deviceuri to DeviceURI
          > parallel:/dev/usb/lp0 the printer is on port 1 (disk 1).

          Why "parallel:" ? Surely you want "usb:" ?

          Does lsusb find it?
        • hansem72
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
            <spam_from_nslu2_linux@...> wrote:

            > > When I connect the printer to port 1, no lights or something. Is this
            > > okay? I've changed the the deviceuri to DeviceURI
            > > parallel:/dev/usb/lp0 the printer is on port 1 (disk 1).
            >
            > Why "parallel:" ? Surely you want "usb:" ?
            >
            > Does lsusb find it?

            The light is not on for port 1, even with the printer connected. But
            it works now.

            I got it to work using parallel:/dev/usb/lp0 and using chmod 777 on
            that device.

            Marco