Moving root device

  • pascalgroenen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2006
      As I am experiencing very bad file serving behaviour with SAMBA from an
      NTFS formatted disk plugged into port 1. I was thinking of switching
      over to Natively formatted disks entirely. Now I was reading the wikis
      and howto's and got warned not to plug in a natively formatted disk in
      port 1 as the slug would become dependent on both disks; which I donot
      want.

      Can I simply switch off the slug, remove the NTFS disk from port 1, and
      then move the root device from port 2 to port 1? Or would this break my
      slug? If so, what would be the best course of action?
    • pascalgroenen
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2006
        In other words, would I break anything when I:
        - switch off the slug
        - remove both of my current disks (port 1 = NTFS, port 2 = EXT with
        Unslung
        - plug in the EXT with Unslung to port 1
        - reboot
        ?

        I'll grab the data off the NTFS later and reformat it to EXT3 to be
        attached to port 2 later.

        Please, help me with this one.

        THanks.

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pascalgroenen" <pascal@...>