/etc/CGI_ds.conf [media] section ???

  • gamacdonalduk
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
      while adding extra backup jobs in the /etc/CGI_ds.conf file I noticed
      a section at the bottom which looks as per below... I have searched
      for info on this but have found none... anyone know how to configure
      it? I dont remember seeing upnp itunes config in the web interface...

      thx Glenn

      [media]
      itune=no
      upnp_av=no
      music_broad=no
      itune_name=
      itune_port=
      itune_share=
      itune_path=
      upnp_name=
      upnp_av_share=
      upnp_av_path=
      broad_name=
      broad_port=
      broad_share=
      broad_path=
      play_method=
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
        The upstream ODM (SerComm, or whoever it is now - it may have changed) has a reference design which includes Media Server functionality, but it looks (from the ChangeLogs we've seen with firmware updates) that Linksys have chosen not to include it in the NSLU2 product.
        If you want iTunes support, just install the appropriate optware package.
        -- Rod