Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Advice on choosing a distribution please.

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
      On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 11:01 +0000, oabroad wrote:

      > > If you want to compile programs on your slug you need
      > "crosstool-native"
      > > but the slug is slow and is low on memory.
      > >
      > I read that page on cross compilation before but I have to admit I
      > didn't really understand it. That's the only reason I was looking for
      > a native compiler.

      Normally a c compiler makes binaries for the platform it runs on.

      But you can build a c compiler in such a way that it creates binaries
      for a other platform (e.g. creating arm binaries on intel).

      A short description how to create a environment for openslug is
      on:
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Development/MasterMakefile

      --
      Marceln