Remote controlled torrents on the NSLU2 (Unslung 6.8)

  • robbutlerast
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2006
      Until recently I've had an old laptop running (under Windows XP)
      Apache and Azureus.

      Since I got my NSLU2 I have set up a webserver and transferred my
      apache files across. I would have liked to use my NLSU2 to perform
      a similar function as Azureus under Windows.

      On one of my pcs (depending on which room/building I am in) I
      download a torrent file and transfer it to my laptop which then
      queues the torrent until existing files have finised seeding, before
      downloading.

      I can then harvest completed torrents through a networked drive.

      Is there a way of doing this on the NSLU2 - instinct says no but I
      needed to ask!! Unfortunately my Linux knowledge is still very
      basic (although better than when I got the NSLU) but I'm still not up
      to compiling etc.

      I've seen reference to things like torrentflux and transmission
      client but technically these seem beyond me without step by step
      instructions. (CTCS didn't seem to have much in the way of
      function)

      Has anyone managed to achieve a web interface for collecting
      torrents? If so I'd love to hear from you (better still if you
      have any files you can send me to drop into my nslu with
      instructions!)

      Thanks in anticipation

      Rob