Re: [nslu2-linux] unSlung / upSlug howto confirming

  • CN
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
      On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:52:21 +0200, Marcel Nijenhof wrote:

      > > 2C. From the wiki: from an external computer on the same subnet
      > > (direct Ethernet access is needed; it won't work if you have routers
      > > or NAT devices between you and the NSLU2, though WiFi? via a wireless
      > > router is OK).
      > >
      > > Both my slugs are directly connected to internal ports (same subnet)
      > > of a router (connected to a cable modem on the outside net). Will that
      > > work? Or some special ethernet cable needed?
      >
      > Those home routers have a internal switch connected to a small router.
      >
      > The reason for the direct link is that the firmware is uploaded with
      > a ethernet protocol without ip stack.

      Marcel (and others ), Thank you very much for the answers to ALL my
      questions! I have completed my upgrade successfully.

      As for the above item 2C., I chose to use sercomm from my winxp, and it was
      able to upgrade my slug thru my router. My local net is 192.168.1.x, and had
      to do the winxp settings to access the 0.x net where slug listens on upgrade
      mode.

      Again thank you for all the help!!

      Cordially, Chacko