Re: I/O error from unknown device (sdb)

  • chandersawh
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
      Yes, I am using unslung 6.8 beta.

      You are right, I do have my main disk in port 1 and a 4 port usb 2.0
      hub attached to port 1.

      Attached to the usb hub is a ext3 formatted drive (250GB hdd, single
      partition. (/dev/sdc)

      Also attached to that usb hub is my Epson cx6600 printer, this printer
      has a built in 'card reader'.

      Could this 'card reader' that built into the printer caused these
      messages/errors?

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Adam Baker <slug@...> wrote:

      > chandersawh <chandersawh@> writes:
      >

      > > I am getting these weird messages from:
      > >
      > > # cat /var/log/messages
      > >
      > > I don't have a "sdb" device mounted.
      > >

      > You don't say what firmware you are running but the mountlist looks like
      > Unslung 6
      >
      > It also looks like you have got your main disk on port2 and
      something else,
      > maybe even multiple somethings on port 1. If there are 2 storage
      devices pluged
      > in to port 1 (or 1 devices with 2 logical units such as a card
      reader with 2
      > slots or a card slot and a HD) then the messages you are seeing are
      nothing to
      > worry about provided they just occur once at bootup or when you plug the
      > peripheral in.

    • Mike (mwester)
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
        > Could this 'card reader' that built into the printer caused these
        > messages/errors?

        If the printer behaves at all like my Epson R320, the answer is "yes".

        Mike (mwester)