Re: [nslu2-linux] tcpdump problems

  • Robin Cornelius
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2006
      On 8/30/06, Rod Whitby <list.nslu2-linux@...> wrote:
      > robin_cornelius wrote:
      > > Hope this is the correct list.
      >
      > Yep, although since you're testing out the latest HEAD (rather than a
      > binary release), you could be considered a developer and use the
      > nslu2-developers list :-)

      Thanks for the advice, i will head over there and have a look at the
      list as well then. Hoepfully I can help out in some way with the
      development then.

      > You can go back to the version of the ethernet drivers which were used
      > in the SlugOS 3.10 release, but compile them against 2.6.17 - that
      > should work.
      >
      > If not, you'll need to go back to the kernel and drivers versions from
      > 3.10, and help test moving forward from there.

      I will have to check the versions. The code i downloaded from intel is
      the same version for the head i built and SlugOS 3.10 though and i
      assume the eth drivers are in there. I know there was a significant
      change in the kernel between 2.6.16 and 2.6.17 as I work on another
      project (wireless network) and this has caused 2.6.17 to be our
      minimum version (not sure if this was all networking or wireless
      only). A few diffs might point us in the correct direction!

      Without reflashing my device again can anybody confirm that with a
      debianslug kernel (Slugos 3.10, not HEAD) tcpdump functions correctly
      in both directions?

      Best regards

      --
      Robin Cornelius