Fw: Is it possible to control the SLUG through an Email message

  • Rob Conway
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24 5:36 AM
      I played with CGI scripts under Unslung and thppd with mixed results. I
      found if the script was in the Management directory I needed to use the
      linksys web server port and provide a password for the script to run.
      Moving the CGI into the html directory I no longer needed my linksys
      password. I seem to be only able to run a CGI on my local network. I
      tried
      to login at work and the CGI failed to execute. I cannot understand why as
      the rest of the web site functions OK over the internet an through my
      router.

      Q1. I may have a look at how to get a script to get mail from my pop3
      account...do you have any clues ? Do I have to include fetchmail.

      Q2. For htpaswd I assume I need to run apache

      cheers

    • Øyvind Repvik
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24 12:06 PM
        Rob Conway wrote:
        > I played with CGI scripts under Unslung and thppd with mixed results. I
        > found if the script was in the Management directory I needed to use the
        > linksys web server port and provide a password for the script to run.
        > Moving the CGI into the html directory I no longer needed my linksys
        > password. I seem to be only able to run a CGI on my local network. I
        > tried
        > to login at work and the CGI failed to execute. I cannot understand why as
        > the rest of the web site functions OK over the internet an through my
        > router.
        >
        > Q1. I may have a look at how to get a script to get mail from my pop3
        > account...do you have any clues ? Do I have to include fetchmail.

        fetchmail and procmail. You should be able to filter the mails through a
        script or do certain actions based on "trigger word"

        Regards,
        Øyvind