Re: Turbogears + unslung

  • Brian Zhou
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2006
      Hi Rich,

      I tried to package TurboGears, even succeeded at one point to have it
      running with all the dependent packages. However, it is SOOOO
      difficult to keep up with its development. Look at the long dependency
      list http://www.turbogears.org/preview/download/ and you'll see what I
      mean.

      That's why I started this thread on tg mailing list

      http://groups.google.com/group/turbogears/browse_frm/thread/c31bccc5d8b6d2c?tvc=1&q=Brian+Zhou

      But so far there is no activity on
      http://trac.turbogears.org/turbogears/ticket/878 yet.

      As a result of that and my lack of time, py-turbogears is currently
      broken on unslung. You can probably try use setuptools to install it
      directly to /opt/local/lib. But be aware that setuptools does not
      handle clean removal (if it does like rubygems, I would not even both
      packaging turbogears).

      Sorry about starting something but not keeping up. I'll see if I can
      fix the dependencies when I have time.

      -Brian