Re: HP PSC 1310 install

  • Nic Bedford
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19 7:43 AM
      <snip>

      > Ok, I got the ssl to work, chmod 777 /dev/lp0, changed
      > my /opt/etc/cups/printers.conf to use parallel:/dev/lp0.
      > The web access works GREAT now! My printer still doesn't light the
      > DISK1 (USB port1) on the NSLU2. Is it lit on yours, or only when
      > printing or never? Also, I had it pick the driver I set up in
      > printers.conf for the config file. Then I picked the foomatic
      > (didn't work so I deleted the printer). Next I picked the HP driver.
      > Now if it try to click on start (printer management) it redirectd my
      > web to parallel:/dev/lp0 (in my web browser). I tried to install a
      > printer in windows selecting URL as the type and put in
      > http://192.168.0.2 (the IP of the NSLU2). It fails. IS there
      > somethingelse that goes there?
      >
      > Thanks for the Help.

      When selecting URL in windows for the network printer i used:
      http://192.168.1.77:631/printers/psc1215
      and it works fine.

      I haven't set any pritner driver in printers.conf, it's just
      configured as a raw printer:

      Location:
      Make and Model: Local Raw Printer
      Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published.
      Device URI: parallel:/dev/lp0

      As for disk1 light being lit, well i am running my printer through a
      usb hub, i have both a Seagate 300GB disk and my PSC1215 connected to
      the hub, and the hub is connected to port 1, the DISK1 light in on.

      Hope this helps, nic