alsa/snd/gcc issue on head

  • fransmeulenbroeks
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2006
      audio was not working for the latest developemnt head, due to a bug in
      gcc.
      I've added a patch (from the gcc archive) to gcc 4.1.1 and checked
      that in.

      After rebuilding gcc the kernel should be rebuild and module-snd-pcm
      should be reinstalled and reloaded.
      After that speaker-test worked for me.

      As I am not sure if this same gcc issue introduced problems elsewhere,
      I also suggest a recompile of all packages in the unstable feed.

      FM