Re: [nslu2-linux] de-underclocking mode successful, however, now gentoo will not boot chainloaded from openslug

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 13:01 -0500, nick thompson wrote:
      > Thanks for ANY info, help, links to fixes, anything... just a message
      > with a guess even.

      1) Check your drive on a other system.
      2) Connected it to the usb port after you have booted.
      Check if the drive is seen.
      3) Check the other usb port as well.

      --
      Marceln
    • Rob Andrews
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2006
        On 01-Aug-2006 19:01.07 (BST), nick thompson wrote:
        > I am desperate. So, the de-underclock mod worked, but gentoo wouldn't
        > load off the usb drive anymore, so I had though I broke it at first,
        > then I unplugged the usb drive, and openslug boots right up, and dmesg
        > does say 266 mhz. Cool. But, what the heck is going on? Why won't it
        > load gentoo anymore? I didn't change anything, other than double the cpu
        > speed?

        That's *really* odd - I bought a slug a few months ago and tried to install
        Debian on it - it continually segfaulted at random points in the installer.

        De-underclocking the slug seemed to have the effect of making everything
        "just work".

        Since then, I've ended up using OpenSlug, but it was certainly very odd.

        --
        rob andrews :: pgp 0x01e00563 :: rob@...