Re: Cups 1.2.2 needs ldap ?

  • Nic Bedford
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2006
      Okay, i dont really know what i'm doing, but i've hacked together my
      slug so it's running CUPS 1.2.1-23 again, and it's all working great.
      I dont understand why 1.2.2 has been added to the ipkg feed's if it
      doesn't work :(

      Anyway, here is what i have done:

      wget
      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups_1.1.23-6_armeb.ipk
      wget
      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups-doc_1.1.23-2_armeb.ipk

      tar -xzf cups_1.1.23-6_armeb.ipk
      tar -xzf data.tar.gz

      tar -xzf cups-doc_1.1.23-2_armeb.ipk
      tar -xzf data.tar.gz

      I now have a copy of cups 1.2.1-23 in my home folder, and i just
      basically copied over, making sure the new CUPS wasn't running first:

      killall cupsd
      cp -rf ./opt/ /

      I then just restarted cups:

      /opt/etc/init.d/S88cups

      And now i have printing working again :)

      I'm sure this is a complete hack, and the NSLU2 experts would be able
      to advise me a much better way to get ipkg to install the older
      packages, but this works for me so i'm happy

      nic

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Nic Bedford" <nbedford@...> wrote:

      > I'm having exactly the same problem, here is my cupsd.conf file (it's
      > as installed apart from the error level logging:
      >
      > #
      > # "$Id: cupsd.conf 1016 2005-02-03 17:29:32Z ingeba $"
      > #
      > # Sample configuration file for the Common UNIX Printing System (CUPS)
      > # scheduler.
      > #
      > # Copyright 1997-2005 by Easy Software Products, all rights reserved.
      > #
      > # These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the
      > # property of Easy Software Products and are protected by Federal
      > # copyright law. Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file
      > # "LICENSE.txt" which should have been included with this file.
      If this
> [...]
      > #
      > # You can also use the special name "syslog" to send the output to the
      > # syslog file or daemon.
      > #
      >
      > ErrorLog /opt/var/log/cups/error_log
      >
      > #
      > # FileDevice: determines whether the scheduler will allow new printers
      > # to be added using device URIs of the form "file:/foo/bar". The default
      > # is not to allow file devices due to the potential security
      vulnerability
      > # and due to the fact that file devices do not support raw printing.
      > #
      >
      > #FileDevice No
      >

      > #
      > # FontPath: the path to locate all font files (currently only for
      > pstoraster)
      > # By default "/opt/share/cups/fonts".
      > #
      >
      > #FontPath /opt/share/cups/fonts
      >
      > #
      > # LogLevel: controls the number of messages logged to the ErrorLog
      > # file and can be one of the following:
      > #
      > # debug2 Log everything.
      > # debug Log almost everything.
      > # info Log all requests and state changes.
      > # warn Log errors and warnings.
      > # error Log only errors.
      > # none Log nothing.
      > #
      >
      > #LogLevel info
      > LogLevel debug
      >
      > #
      > # MaxLogSize: controls the maximum size of each log file before they are
      > # rotated. Defaults to 1048576 (1MB). Set to 0 to disable log
      rotating.
      > #
      >
      > #MaxLogSize 0
      >
      > #
      > # PageLog: the page log file; if this does not start with a leading /
      > # then it is assumed to be relative to ServerRoot. By default set to
      > # "/opt/var/log/cups/page_log"
      > #
      > # You can also use the special name "syslog" to send the output to the
      > # syslog file or daemon.
      > #
      >
      > #PageLog /opt/var/log/cups/page_log
      >
      > #
      > # PreserveJobHistory: whether or not to preserve the job history after a
      > # job is completed, cancelled, or stopped. Default is Yes.
      > #
      >
      > #PreserveJobHistory Yes
      >
      > #
      > # PreserveJobFiles: whether or not to preserve the job files after a
      > # job is completed, cancelled, or stopped. Default is No.
      > #
      >
      > #PreserveJobFiles No
      >
      > #
      > # AutoPurgeJobs: automatically purge jobs when not needed for quotas.
      > # Default is No.
      > #
      >
      > #AutoPurgeJobs No
      >
      > #
      > # MaxCopies: maximum number of copies that a user can request.
      Default is
> [...]
      "User",
      > # "System" (valid user belonging to group SystemGroup), and "Group"
      > # (valid user belonging to the specified group) are supported.
      > #
      > # AuthGroupName: the group name for "Group" authorization.
      > #
      > # Order: the order of Allow/Deny processing.
      > #
      > # Allow: allows access from the specified hostname, domain, IP address,
      > # network, or interface.
      > #
      > # Deny: denies access from the specified hostname, domain, IP address,
      > # network, or interface.
      > #
      > # Both "Allow" and "Deny" accept the following notations for addresses:
      > #
      > # All
      > # None
      > # *.domain.com
      > # .domain.com
      > # host.domain.com
      > # nnn.*
      > # nnn.nnn.*
      > # nnn.nnn.nnn.*
      > # nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
      > # nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/mm
      > # nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/mmm.mmm.mmm.mmm
      > # @LOCAL
      > # @IF(name)
      > #
      > # The host and domain address require that you enable hostname lookups
      > # with "HostNameLookups On" above.
      > #
      > # The @LOCAL address allows or denies from all non point-to-point
      > # interfaces. For example, if you have a LAN and a dial-up link,
      > # @LOCAL could allow connections from the LAN but not from the dial-up
      > # link. Similarly, the @IF(name) address allows or denies from the
      > # named network interface, e.g. @IF(eth0) under Linux. Interfaces are
      > # refreshed automatically (no more than once every 60 seconds), so
      > # they can be used on dynamically-configured interfaces, e.g. PPP,
      > # 802.11, etc.
      > #
      > # Encryption: whether or not to use encryption; this depends on having
      > # the OpenSSL library linked into the CUPS library and scheduler.
      > #
      > # Possible values:
      > #
      > # Always - Always use encryption (SSL)
      > # Never - Never use encryption
      > # Required - Use TLS encryption upgrade
      > # IfRequested - Use encryption if the server requests it
      > #
      > # The default value is "IfRequested".
      > #
      >
      > <Location />
      > Order Deny,Allow
      > Deny From All
      > Allow From 127.0.0.1
      > Allow From 192.168.1.0/24
      > </Location>
      >
      > #<Location /classes>
      > #
      > # You may wish to limit access to printers and classes, either with
      Allow
> [...]
      > #
      > #</Location>
      >
      > #<Location /jobs>
      > #
      > # You may wish to limit access to job operations, either with Allow
      > # and Deny lines, or by requiring a username and password.
      > #
      > #</Location>
      >
      > <Location /printers>
      > #
      > # You may wish to limit access to printers and classes, either with
      Allow
      > # and Deny lines, or by requiring a username and password.
      > #
      > AuthType None
      > Order Deny,Allow
      > Deny From None
      > Allow From All
      > </Location>
      >
      > #<Location /printers/name>
      > #
      > # You may wish to limit access to printers and classes, either with
      Allow
      > # and Deny lines, or by requiring a username and password.
      > #
      >
      > ## Anonymous access (default)
      > #AuthType None
      >
      > ## Require a username and password (Basic authentication)
      > #AuthType Basic
      > #AuthClass User
      >
      > ## Require a username and password (Digest/MD5 authentication)
      > #AuthType Digest
      > #AuthClass User
      >
      > ## Restrict access to local domain
      > #Order Deny,Allow
      > #Deny From All
      > #Allow From .mydomain.com
      > #</Location>
      >
      > <Location /admin>
      > #
      > # You definitely will want to limit access to the administration
      > functions.
      > # The default configuration requires a local connection from a user who
      > # is a member of the system group to do any admin tasks. You can change
      > # the group name using the SystemGroup directive.
      > #
      >
      > AuthType Basic
      > AuthClass System
      >
      > ## Restrict access to local domain
      > Order Deny,Allow
      > Deny From All
      > Allow From 127.0.0.1
      > Allow From 192.168.1.0/24
      >
      > #Encryption Required
      > </Location>
      >
      > #
      > # End of "$Id: cupsd.conf 1016 2005-02-03 17:29:32Z ingeba $".
      > #
      >

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "mongolito_404" <mongolito404@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > It's the cupsd embedded httpd, using the default cups.conf. As I don't
      > > have access to my NSLU at the moment, I will post my cups.conf later.
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "iamyway" <myway.cn@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > which HTTPD you using ?
      > > >
      > > > Would you like to post that .conf here,it may help.

    • Dean Dodd
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 9, 2006
        I have just installed the latest CUPS 1.2.2 and it does not work
        either, had to force my way back to 1.1. The web interface was
        working just nothing printing.

        #
        #
        #

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 12, 2006
          wrote:

          > Hi I just updated my Unsluged NSLU2 (V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta) using
          > "ipkg update" and now cups wont start anymore. Running
          > /opt/etc/init.d/S88cups I got "/opt/sbin/cupsd: error while loading
          > shared libraries: libldap-2.2.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No
          > such file or directory". I don't have libldap installed as it's not
          > available for Unslung (according to "ipkg search ldap").
          >
          > Does anyone know what I may have done wring and/or how to get a
          > Working Cups ?

          Info now on wiki about 1.2.2 and how to get it working.

          http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddPrinter
        • Nic Bedford
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 15, 2006
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Dean Dodd" <dean_dodd@...> wrote:

            > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "mongolito_404" <mongolito404@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi I just updated my Unsluged NSLU2 (V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta) using
            > > "ipkg update" and now cups wont start anymore. Running
            > > /opt/etc/init.d/S88cups I got "/opt/sbin/cupsd: error while loading
            > > shared libraries: libldap-2.2.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No
            > > such file or directory". I don't have libldap installed as it's not
            > > available for Unslung (according to "ipkg search ldap").
            > >
            > > Does anyone know what I may have done wring and/or how to get a
            > > Working Cups ?
            > >

            > Info now on wiki about 1.2.2 and how to get it working.
            >
            > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddPrinter

            I can confirm this works ok, i now have CUPS 1.2.2 running.

            I had to chmod 777 /dev/lp0 and change to the DeviceURI to
            parallel:/dev/lp0

            nic
          • yanke49
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 21, 2006