Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: debianslug and topfield

  • Carsten Truckenbrodt
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      Am 31.07.2006, 21:24 Uhr, schrieb thenabson <nick.abson@...>:

      Hello Nick,

      >> So far so good. puppy and ftpd-topfield have compiled but do not
      >> work. After looking into the problem I found out, that with the 2.6
      >> kernel I got the following message when I start puppy:
      >>
      >> ERROR: Can not perform autodetection.
      >> ERROR: /proc/bus/usb/devices can not be open for reading.
      >> ERROR: No such file or directory
      >>
      >> Before I start looking deeper into this: Has someone already puppy or
      >> ftpd-topfield compiled and running with the lates debianslug?
      >>
      >> Regards,
      >> Carsten
      >>
      > Hi Carsten,
      >
      > I find myself in a similar situation to you - but I don't really know
      > enough about linux to try and compile puppy. Did you ever get it to
      > work?

      No and Yes. No, not with debianslug since at that time it would have been
      neccessary to compile a new kernel where I did not had the time to install
      all the neccessary cross-compiling tools and closed source ethernet driver
      stuff.
      Yes, because I installed the old opendebianslug port where the kernel had
      the neccessary configurations to show the USB settings in the /proc
      filesystem which made puppy and ftpd-topfield possible to compile and run.
      Since this is 1/2 a year ago, there might already be another solution with
      the current changes.

      ct