Re: Cups 1.2.2 needs ldap ?

  • mongolito_404
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2006
      It's the cupsd embedded httpd, using the default cups.conf. As I don't
      have access to my NSLU at the moment, I will post my cups.conf later.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "iamyway" <myway.cn@...> wrote:

      > which HTTPD you using ?
      >
      > Would you like to post that .conf here,it may help.
      >

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "mongolito_404"
      > <mongolito404@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Ok, with openldap-libs installed, cupsd now launch. But it appears
      > > that it cannot communicate with the printer and that I cannot
      > access
      > > the admin web interface to try o fix this.
      > >
      > > When accessing http://mynslu:631/admin I always get redirected to
      > > https://mynslu:631/admin and firefox tells me that it has been
      > > disconnected. Also, I get this into my cups error_log:
      > > d [31/Jul/2006:07:38:39 +0200] cupsdReadClient: Saw first byte 80,
      > > auto-negotiating SSL/TLS session...
      > > I [31/Jul/2006:07:38:39 +0200] Generating SSL server key and
      > > certificate...
      > > d [31/Jul/2006:07:38:39 +0200] cupsdStartProcess("", 0xbfff22c4,
      > > 0xbfff2134, -1, -1, -1)
      > > E [31/Jul/2006:07:38:39 +0200] Unable to create SSL server key and
      > > certificate - the openssl command stopped with status 22!d
      > > [31/Jul/2006:07:38:39 +0200] process_children()
      > > d [31/Jul/2006:07:38:39 +0200] cupsdReadClient: 5, used=0, file=-1
      > state=0
      > > E [31/Jul/2006:07:38:39 +0200] Bad request line "�g"
      > from 10.0.0.1!
      > > D [31/Jul/2006:07:38:39 +0200] cupsdSendError: 5 code=400 (Bad
      > Request)
      > > D [31/Jul/2006:07:38:39 +0200] cupsdCloseClient: 5
      > >
      > > I will look for a solution (fix the SSL stuff or remove the need
      > for
      > > https) and let you know.
      > >
      > > --
      > > mongolito404, king of the mongolian people

    • Nic Bedford
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2006
        I'm having exactly the same problem, here is my cupsd.conf file (it's
        as installed apart from the error level logging:

        #
        # "$Id: cupsd.conf 1016 2005-02-03 17:29:32Z ingeba $"
        #
        # Sample configuration file for the Common UNIX Printing System (CUPS)
        # scheduler.
        #
        # Copyright 1997-2005 by Easy Software Products, all rights reserved.
        #
        # These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the
        # property of Easy Software Products and are protected by Federal
        # copyright law. Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file
        # "LICENSE.txt" which should have been included with this file. If this
        # file is missing or damaged please contact Easy Software Products
        # at:
        #
        # Attn: CUPS Licensing Information
        # Easy Software Products
        # 44141 Airport View Drive, Suite 204
        # Hollywood, Maryland 20636 USA
        #
        # Voice: (301) 373-9600
        # EMail: cups-info@...
        # WWW: http://www.cups.org
        #

        # #
        # This is the CUPS configuration file. If you are familiar with #
        # Apache or any of the other popular web servers, we've followed the #
        # same format. Any configuration variable used here has the same #
        # semantics as the corresponding variable in Apache. If we need #
        # different functionality then a different name is used to avoid #
        # confusion... #
        # #

        ########
        ######## Server Identity
        ########

        #
        # ServerName: the hostname of your server, as advertised to the world.
        # By default CUPS will use the hostname of the system.
        #
        # To set the default server used by clients, see the client.conf file.
        #

        #ServerName myhost.domain.com

        #
        # ServerAdmin: the email address to send all complaints/problems to.
        # By default CUPS will use "root@hostname".
        #

        #ServerAdmin root@...

        ########
        ######## Server Options
        ########

        #
        # AccessLog: the access log file; if this does not start with a leading /
        # then it is assumed to be relative to ServerRoot. By default set to
        # "/opt/var/log/cups/access_log"
        #
        # You can also use the special name "syslog" to send the output to the
        # syslog file or daemon.
        #

        AccessLog /opt/var/log/cups/access_log

        #
        # Classification: the classification level of the server. If set, this
        # classification is displayed on all pages, and raw printing is disabled.
        # The default is the empty string.
        #

        #Classification classified
        #Classification confidential
        #Classification secret
        #Classification topsecret
        #Classification unclassified

        #
        # ClassifyOverride: whether to allow users to override the classification
        # on printouts. If enabled, users can limit banner pages to before or
        # after the job, and can change the classification of a job, but cannot
        # completely eliminate the classification or banners.
        #
        # The default is off.
        #

        #ClassifyOverride off

        #
        # DataDir: the root directory for the CUPS data files.
        # By default "/opt/share/cups".
        #

        #DataDir /opt/share/cups

        #
        # DefaultCharset: the default character set to use. If not specified,
        # defaults to "utf-8". Note that this can also be overridden in
        # HTML documents...
        #

        #DefaultCharset utf-8

        #
        # DefaultLanguage: the default language if not specified by the browser.
        # If not specified, the current locale is used.
        #

        #DefaultLanguage en

        #
        # DocumentRoot: the root directory for HTTP documents that are served.
        # By default "/opt/share/doc/cups".
        #

        #DocumentRoot /opt/share/doc/cups

        #
        # ErrorLog: the error log file; if this does not start with a leading /
        # then it is assumed to be relative to ServerRoot. By default set to
        # "/opt/var/log/cups/error_log"
        #
        # You can also use the special name "syslog" to send the output to the
        # syslog file or daemon.
        #

        ErrorLog /opt/var/log/cups/error_log

        #
        # FileDevice: determines whether the scheduler will allow new printers
        # to be added using device URIs of the form "file:/foo/bar". The default
        # is not to allow file devices due to the potential security vulnerability
        # and due to the fact that file devices do not support raw printing.
        #

        #FileDevice No

        #
        # FontPath: the path to locate all font files (currently only for
        pstoraster)
        # By default "/opt/share/cups/fonts".
        #

        #FontPath /opt/share/cups/fonts

        #
        # LogLevel: controls the number of messages logged to the ErrorLog
        # file and can be one of the following:
        #
        # debug2 Log everything.
        # debug Log almost everything.
        # info Log all requests and state changes.
        # warn Log errors and warnings.
        # error Log only errors.
        # none Log nothing.
        #

        #LogLevel info
        LogLevel debug

        #
        # MaxLogSize: controls the maximum size of each log file before they are
        # rotated. Defaults to 1048576 (1MB). Set to 0 to disable log rotating.
        #

        #MaxLogSize 0

        #
        # PageLog: the page log file; if this does not start with a leading /
        # then it is assumed to be relative to ServerRoot. By default set to
        # "/opt/var/log/cups/page_log"
        #
        # You can also use the special name "syslog" to send the output to the
        # syslog file or daemon.
        #

        #PageLog /opt/var/log/cups/page_log

        #
        # PreserveJobHistory: whether or not to preserve the job history after a
        # job is completed, cancelled, or stopped. Default is Yes.
        #

        #PreserveJobHistory Yes

        #
        # PreserveJobFiles: whether or not to preserve the job files after a
        # job is completed, cancelled, or stopped. Default is No.
        #

        #PreserveJobFiles No

        #
        # AutoPurgeJobs: automatically purge jobs when not needed for quotas.
        # Default is No.
        #

        #AutoPurgeJobs No

        #
        # MaxCopies: maximum number of copies that a user can request. Default is
        # 100.
        #

        #MaxCopies 100

        #
        # MaxJobs: maximum number of jobs to keep in memory (active and
        completed.)
        # Default is 500; the value 0 is used for no limit.
        #

        #MaxJobs 500

        #
        # MaxJobsPerPrinter: maximum number of active jobs per printer. The
        default
        # is 0 for no limit.
        #

        #MaxJobsPerPrinter 0

        #
        # MaxJobsPerUser: maximum number of active jobs per user. The default
        # is 0 for no limit.
        #

        #MaxJobsPerUser 0

        #
        # MaxPrinterHistory: controls the maximum number of history collections
        # in the printer-state-history attribute. Set to 0 to disable history
        # data.
        #

        #MaxPrinterHistory 10

        #
        # Printcap: the name of the printcap file. Default is /etc/printcap.
        # Leave blank to disable printcap file generation.
        #

        #Printcap /etc/printcap

        #
        # PrintcapFormat: the format of the printcap file, currently either
        # BSD or Solaris. The default is "BSD".
        #

        #PrintcapFormat BSD
        #PrintcapFormat Solaris

        #
        # PrintcapGUI: the name of the GUI options panel program to associate
        # with print queues under IRIX. The default is "/usr/bin/glpoptions"
        # from ESP Print Pro.
        #
        # This option is only used under IRIX; the options panel program
        # must accept the "-d printer" and "-o options" options and write
        # the selected printer options back to stdout on completion.
        #

        #PrintcapGUI /usr/bin/glpoptions

        #
        # RequestRoot: the directory where request files are stored.
        # By default "/opt/var/spool/cups".
        #

        #RequestRoot /opt/var/spool/cups

        #
        # RemoteRoot: the name of the user assigned to unauthenticated accesses
        # from remote systems. By default "remroot".
        #

        #RemoteRoot remroot

        #
        # ServerBin: the root directory for the scheduler executables.
        # By default "/opt/lib/cups".
        #

        #ServerBin /opt/lib/cups

        #
        # ServerRoot: the root directory for the scheduler.
        # By default "/opt/etc/cups".
        #

        #ServerRoot /opt/etc/cups

        #
        # ServerTokens: specifies what information in provided in the Server
        # header of HTTP responses. The default is Minor.
        #
        # ServerTokens None
        # ServerTokens ProductOnly CUPS
        # ServerTokens Major CUPS/1
        # ServerTokens Minor CUPS/1.1
        # ServerTokens Minimal CUPS/1.1.23
        # ServerTokens OS CUPS/1.1.23 (uname)
        # ServerTokens Full CUPS/1.1.23 (uname) IPP/1.1
        #

        #ServerTokens Minor

        ########
        ######## Fax Support
        ########

        #
        # FaxRetryLimit: the number of times a fax job is retried.
        # The default is 5 times.
        #

        #FaxRetryLimit 5

        #
        # FaxRetryInterval: the number of seconds between fax job retries.
        # The default is 300 seconds/5 minutes.
        #

        #FaxRetryInterval 300

        ########
        ######## Encryption Support
        ########

        #
        # ServerCertificate: the file to read containing the server's certificate.
        # Defaults to "/opt/etc/cups/ssl/server.crt".
        #

        #ServerCertificate /opt/etc/cups/ssl/server.crt

        #
        # ServerKey: the file to read containing the server's key.
        # Defaults to "/opt/etc/cups/ssl/server.key".
        #

        #ServerKey /opt/etc/cups/ssl/server.key

        ########
        ######## Filter Options
        ########

        #
        # User/Group: the user and group the server runs under. Normally this
        # must be lp and sys, however you can configure things for another
        # user or group as needed.
        #
        # Note: the server must be run initially as root to support the
        # default IPP port of 631. It changes users whenever an external
        # program is run, or if the RunAsUser directive is specified...
        #

        #User lp
        #Group sys

        #
        # RIPCache: the amount of memory that each RIP should use to cache
        # bitmaps. The value can be any real number followed by "k" for
        # kilobytes, "m" for megabytes, "g" for gigabytes, or "t" for tiles
        # (1 tile = 256x256 pixels.) Defaults to "8m" (8 megabytes).
        #

        #RIPCache 8m

        #
        # TempDir: the directory to put temporary files in. This directory
        must be
        # writable by the user defined above! Defaults to
        "/opt/var/spool/cups/tmp" or
        # the value of the TMPDIR environment variable.
        #

        #TempDir /opt/var/spool/cups/tmp

        #
        # FilterLimit: sets the maximum cost of all job filters that can be run
        # at the same time. A limit of 0 means no limit. A typical job may need
        # a filter limit of at least 200; limits less than the minimum required
        # by a job force a single job to be printed at any time.
        #
        # The default limit is 0 (unlimited).
        #

        #FilterLimit 0

        ########
        ######## Network Options
        ########

        #
        # Ports/addresses that we listen to. The default port 631 is reserved
        # for the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) and is what we use here.
        #
        # You can have multiple Port/Listen lines to listen to more than one
        # port or address, or to restrict access:
        #
        # Port 80
        # Port 631
        # Listen hostname
        # Listen hostname:80
        # Listen hostname:631
        # Listen 1.2.3.4
        # Listen 1.2.3.4:631
        #
        # NOTE: Unfortunately, most web browsers don't support TLS or HTTP
        Upgrades
        # for encryption. If you want to support web-based encryption you'll
        # probably need to listen on port 443 (the "https" port...)
        #
        # NOTE 2: In order for the command-line and web interfaces to work, you
        # must have at least one Port or Listen line that allows access from the
        # local loopback address (localhost).
        #

        #Port 80
        #Port 443
        Port 631

        #
        # HostNameLookups: whether or not to do lookups on IP addresses to get a
        # fully-qualified hostname. This defaults to Off for performance
        reasons...
        #

        #HostNameLookups On

        #
        # KeepAlive: whether or not to support the Keep-Alive connection
        # option. Default is on.
        #

        #KeepAlive On

        #
        # KeepAliveTimeout: the timeout before Keep-Alive connections are
        # automatically closed. Default is 60 seconds.
        #

        #KeepAliveTimeout 60

        #
        # MaxClients: controls the maximum number of simultaneous clients that
        # will be handled. Defaults to 100.
        #

        #MaxClients 100

        #
        # MaxClientsPerHost: controls the maximum number of simultaneous
        clients that
        # will be handled from a specific host. Defaults to 10 or 1/10th of the
        # MaxClients setting, whichever is larger. A value of 0 specifies the
        # automatic (10 or 1/10th) setting.
        #

        #MaxClientsPerHost 0

        #
        # MaxRequestSize: controls the maximum size of HTTP requests and print
        files.
        # Set to 0 to disable this feature (defaults to 0.)
        #

        #MaxRequestSize 0

        #
        # Timeout: the timeout before requests time out. Default is 300 seconds.
        #

        #Timeout 300

        ########
        ######## Browsing Options
        ########

        #
        # Browsing: whether or not to broadcast and/or listen for CUPS printer
        # information on the network. Enabled by default.
        #

        #Browsing On

        #
        # BrowseProtocols: which protocols to use for browsing. Can be
        # any of the following separated by whitespace and/or commas:
        #
        # all - Use all supported protocols.
        # cups - Use the CUPS browse protocol.
        # slp - Use the SLPv2 protocol.
        #
        # The default is "cups".
        #
        # NOTE: If you choose to use SLPv2, it is *strongly* recommended that
        # you have at least one SLP Directory Agent (DA) on your
        # network. Otherwise, browse updates can take several seconds,
        # during which the scheduler will not respond to client
        # requests.
        #

        #BrowseProtocols cups

        #
        # BrowseAddress: specifies a broadcast address to be used. By
        # default browsing information is not sent!
        #
        # Note: HP-UX does not properly handle broadcast unless you have a
        # Class A, B, C, or D netmask (i.e. no CIDR support).
        #
        # Note: Using the "global" broadcast address (255.255.255.255) will
        # activate a Linux demand-dial link with the default configuration.
        # If you have a LAN as well as the dial-up link, use the LAN's
        # broadcast address.
        #
        # The @LOCAL address broadcasts to all non point-to-point interfaces.
        # For example, if you have a LAN and a dial-up link, @LOCAL would
        # send printer updates to the LAN but not to the dial-up link.
        # Similarly, the @IF(name) address sends to the named network
        # interface, e.g. @IF(eth0) under Linux. Interfaces are refreshed
        # automatically (no more than once every 60 seconds), so they can
        # be used on dynamically-configured interfaces, e.g. PPP, 802.11, etc.
        #

        #BrowseAddress x.y.z.255
        #BrowseAddress x.y.255.255
        #BrowseAddress x.255.255.255
        #BrowseAddress 255.255.255.255
        #BrowseAddress @LOCAL
        #BrowseAddress @IF(name)

        #
        # BrowseShortNames: whether or not to use "short" names for remote
        printers
        # when possible (e.g. "printer" instead of "printer@host".) Enabled by
        # default.
        #

        #BrowseShortNames Yes

        #
        # BrowseAllow: specifies an address mask to allow for incoming browser
        # packets. The default is to allow packets from all addresses.
        #
        # BrowseDeny: specifies an address mask to deny for incoming browser
        # packets. The default is to deny packets from no addresses.
        #
        # Both "BrowseAllow" and "BrowseDeny" accept the following notations for
        # addresses:
        #
        # All
        # None
        # *.domain.com
        # .domain.com
        # host.domain.com
        # nnn.*
        # nnn.nnn.*
        # nnn.nnn.nnn.*
        # nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
        # nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/mm
        # nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/mmm.mmm.mmm.mmm
        # @LOCAL
        # @IF(name)
        #
        # The hostname/domainname restrictions only work if you have turned
        hostname
        # lookups on!
        #

        #BrowseAllow address
        #BrowseDeny address

        #
        # BrowseInterval: the time between browsing updates in seconds. Default
        # is 30 seconds.
        #
        # Note that browsing information is sent whenever a printer's state
        changes
        # as well, so this represents the maximum time between updates.
        #
        # Set this to 0 to disable outgoing broadcasts so your local printers are
        # not advertised but you can still see printers on other hosts.
        #

        #BrowseInterval 30

        #
        # BrowseOrder: specifies the order of BrowseAllow/BrowseDeny comparisons.
        #

        #BrowseOrder allow,deny
        #BrowseOrder deny,allow

        #
        # BrowsePoll: poll the named server(s) for printers
        #

        #BrowsePoll address:port

        #
        # BrowsePort: the port used for UDP broadcasts. By default this is
        # the IPP port; if you change this you need to do it on all servers.
        # Only one BrowsePort is recognized.
        #

        #BrowsePort 631

        #
        # BrowseRelay: relay browser packets from one address/network to another.
        #

        #BrowseRelay source-address destination-address
        #BrowseRelay @IF(src) @IF(dst)

        #
        # BrowseTimeout: the timeout for network printers - if we don't
        # get an update within this time the printer will be removed
        # from the printer list. This number definitely should not be
        # less the BrowseInterval value for obvious reasons. Defaults
        # to 300 seconds.
        #

        #BrowseTimeout 300

        #
        # ImplicitClasses: whether or not to use implicit classes.
        #
        # Printer classes can be specified explicitly in the classes.conf
        # file, implicitly based upon the printers available on the LAN, or
        # both.
        #
        # When ImplicitClasses is On, printers on the LAN with the same name
        # (e.g. Acme-LaserPrint-1000) will be put into a class with the same
        # name. This allows you to setup multiple redundant queues on a LAN
        # without a lot of administrative difficulties. If a user sends a
        # job to Acme-LaserPrint-1000, the job will go to the first available
        # queue.
        #
        # Enabled by default.
        #

        #ImplicitClasses On

        #
        # ImplicitAnyClasses: whether or not to create "AnyPrinter" implicit
        # classes.
        #
        # When ImplicitAnyClasses is On and a local queue of the same name
        # exists, e.g. "printer", "printer@server1", "printer@server1", then
        # an implicit class called "Anyprinter" is created instead.
        #
        # When ImplicitAnyClasses is Off, implicit classes are not created
        # when there is a local queue of the same name.
        #
        # Disabled by default.
        #

        #ImplicitAnyCLasses Off

        #
        # HideImplicitMembers: whether or not to show the members of an
        # implicit class.
        #
        # When HideImplicitMembers is On, any remote printers that are
        # part of an implicit class are hidden from the user, who will
        # then only see a single queue even though many queues will be
        # supporting the implicit class.
        #
        # Enabled by default.
        #

        #HideImplicitMembers On

        ########
        ######## Security Options
        ########

        #
        # SystemGroup: the group name for "System" (printer administration)
        # access. The default varies depending on the operating system, but
        # will be "sys", "system", or "root" (checked for in that order.)
        #

        #SystemGroup sys

        #
        # RootCertDuration: How frequently the root certificate is regenerated.
        # Defaults to 300 seconds.
        #

        #RootCertDuration 300

        #
        # Access permissions for each directory served by the scheduler.
        # Locations are relative to DocumentRoot...
        #
        # AuthType: the authorization to use:
        #
        # None - Perform no authentication
        # Basic - Perform authentication using the HTTP Basic method.
        # Digest - Perform authentication using the HTTP Digest method.
        #
        # (Note: local certificate authentication can be substituted by
        # the client for Basic or Digest when connecting to the
        # localhost interface)
        #
        # AuthClass: the authorization class; currently only "Anonymous", "User",
        # "System" (valid user belonging to group SystemGroup), and "Group"
        # (valid user belonging to the specified group) are supported.
        #
        # AuthGroupName: the group name for "Group" authorization.
        #
        # Order: the order of Allow/Deny processing.
        #
        # Allow: allows access from the specified hostname, domain, IP address,
        # network, or interface.
        #
        # Deny: denies access from the specified hostname, domain, IP address,
        # network, or interface.
        #
        # Both "Allow" and "Deny" accept the following notations for addresses:
        #
        # All
        # None
        # *.domain.com
        # .domain.com
        # host.domain.com
        # nnn.*
        # nnn.nnn.*
        # nnn.nnn.nnn.*
        # nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
        # nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/mm
        # nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/mmm.mmm.mmm.mmm
        # @LOCAL
        # @IF(name)
        #
        # The host and domain address require that you enable hostname lookups
        # with "HostNameLookups On" above.
        #
        # The @LOCAL address allows or denies from all non point-to-point
        # interfaces. For example, if you have a LAN and a dial-up link,
        # @LOCAL could allow connections from the LAN but not from the dial-up
        # link. Similarly, the @IF(name) address allows or denies from the
        # named network interface, e.g. @IF(eth0) under Linux. Interfaces are
        # refreshed automatically (no more than once every 60 seconds), so
        # they can be used on dynamically-configured interfaces, e.g. PPP,
        # 802.11, etc.
        #
        # Encryption: whether or not to use encryption; this depends on having
        # the OpenSSL library linked into the CUPS library and scheduler.
        #
        # Possible values:
        #
        # Always - Always use encryption (SSL)
        # Never - Never use encryption
        # Required - Use TLS encryption upgrade
        # IfRequested - Use encryption if the server requests it
        #
        # The default value is "IfRequested".
        #

        <Location />
        Order Deny,Allow
        Deny From All
        Allow From 127.0.0.1
        Allow From 192.168.1.0/24
        </Location>

        #<Location /classes>
        #
        # You may wish to limit access to printers and classes, either with Allow
        # and Deny lines, or by requiring a username and password.
        #
        #</Location>

        #<Location /classes/name>
        #
        # You may wish to limit access to printers and classes, either with Allow
        # and Deny lines, or by requiring a username and password.
        #
        #</Location>

        #<Location /jobs>
        #
        # You may wish to limit access to job operations, either with Allow
        # and Deny lines, or by requiring a username and password.
        #
        #</Location>

        <Location /printers>
        #
        # You may wish to limit access to printers and classes, either with Allow
        # and Deny lines, or by requiring a username and password.
        #
        AuthType None
        Order Deny,Allow
        Deny From None
        Allow From All
        </Location>

        #<Location /printers/name>
        #
        # You may wish to limit access to printers and classes, either with Allow
        # and Deny lines, or by requiring a username and password.
        #

        ## Anonymous access (default)
        #AuthType None

        ## Require a username and password (Basic authentication)
        #AuthType Basic
        #AuthClass User

        ## Require a username and password (Digest/MD5 authentication)
        #AuthType Digest
        #AuthClass User

        ## Restrict access to local domain
        #Order Deny,Allow
        #Deny From All
        #Allow From .mydomain.com
        #</Location>

        <Location /admin>
        #
        # You definitely will want to limit access to the administration
        functions.
        # The default configuration requires a local connection from a user who
        # is a member of the system group to do any admin tasks. You can change
        # the group name using the SystemGroup directive.
        #

        AuthType Basic
        AuthClass System

        ## Restrict access to local domain
        Order Deny,Allow
        Deny From All
        Allow From 127.0.0.1
        Allow From 192.168.1.0/24

        #Encryption Required
        </Location>

        #
        # End of "$Id: cupsd.conf 1016 2005-02-03 17:29:32Z ingeba $".
        #

      • hattori.hanzo@mac.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1, 2006
          Anyone got logwatch (http://www2.logwatch.org:8080/) working on Unslung?
        • Nic Bedford
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 1, 2006
            Okay, i dont really know what i'm doing, but i've hacked together my
            slug so it's running CUPS 1.2.1-23 again, and it's all working great.
            I dont understand why 1.2.2 has been added to the ipkg feed's if it
            doesn't work :(

            Anyway, here is what i have done:

            wget
            http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups_1.1.23-6_armeb.ipk
            wget
            http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups-doc_1.1.23-2_armeb.ipk

            tar -xzf cups_1.1.23-6_armeb.ipk
            tar -xzf data.tar.gz

            tar -xzf cups-doc_1.1.23-2_armeb.ipk
            tar -xzf data.tar.gz

            I now have a copy of cups 1.2.1-23 in my home folder, and i just
            basically copied over, making sure the new CUPS wasn't running first:

            killall cupsd
            cp -rf ./opt/ /

            I then just restarted cups:

            /opt/etc/init.d/S88cups

            And now i have printing working again :)

            I'm sure this is a complete hack, and the NSLU2 experts would be able
            to advise me a much better way to get ipkg to install the older
            packages, but this works for me so i'm happy

            nic

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Nic Bedford" <nbedford@...> wrote:

> [...]
            >
            > AuthType Basic
            > AuthClass System
            >
            > ## Restrict access to local domain
            > Order Deny,Allow
            > Deny From All
            > Allow From 127.0.0.1
            > Allow From 192.168.1.0/24
            >
            > #Encryption Required
            > </Location>
            >
            > #
            > # End of "$Id: cupsd.conf 1016 2005-02-03 17:29:32Z ingeba $".
            > #
            >

            > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "mongolito_404" <mongolito404@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > It's the cupsd embedded httpd, using the default cups.conf. As I don't
            > > have access to my NSLU at the moment, I will post my cups.conf later.
            > >
            > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "iamyway" <myway.cn@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > which HTTPD you using ?
            > > >
            > > > Would you like to post that .conf here,it may help.

          • Dean Dodd
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 9, 2006
              I have just installed the latest CUPS 1.2.2 and it does not work
              either, had to force my way back to 1.1. The web interface was
              working just nothing printing.

              #
              #
              #

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 12, 2006
                wrote:

                > Hi I just updated my Unsluged NSLU2 (V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta) using
                > "ipkg update" and now cups wont start anymore. Running
                > /opt/etc/init.d/S88cups I got "/opt/sbin/cupsd: error while loading
                > shared libraries: libldap-2.2.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No
                > such file or directory". I don't have libldap installed as it's not
                > available for Unslung (according to "ipkg search ldap").
                >
                > Does anyone know what I may have done wring and/or how to get a
                > Working Cups ?

                Info now on wiki about 1.2.2 and how to get it working.

                http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddPrinter
              • Nic Bedford
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 15, 2006
                  --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Dean Dodd" <dean_dodd@...> wrote:

                  > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "mongolito_404" <mongolito404@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi I just updated my Unsluged NSLU2 (V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta) using
                  > > "ipkg update" and now cups wont start anymore. Running
                  > > /opt/etc/init.d/S88cups I got "/opt/sbin/cupsd: error while loading
                  > > shared libraries: libldap-2.2.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No
                  > > such file or directory". I don't have libldap installed as it's not
                  > > available for Unslung (according to "ipkg search ldap").
                  > >
                  > > Does anyone know what I may have done wring and/or how to get a
                  > > Working Cups ?
                  > >

                  > Info now on wiki about 1.2.2 and how to get it working.
                  >
                  > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddPrinter

                  I can confirm this works ok, i now have CUPS 1.2.2 running.

                  I had to chmod 777 /dev/lp0 and change to the DeviceURI to
                  parallel:/dev/lp0

                  nic
                • yanke49
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 21, 2006